Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 3 Visa exempt entries only

3 Visa exempt entries only

Another terribly worded article that confuses visas and visa exempt entries.

Phuket Visa Run Crackdown Applies Across Thailand: Expat Criminals Are the Target - Phuket Wan

At a guess what he appears to be saying is that only 3 visa exempt entries will be accepted in a row.

Makes you really feel welcome in this country.....
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Any tourist who has arrived in Thailand and has subsequently made three visa runs to Ranong will be turned away on the fourth visa run.

Thai police hope many people turned away will be forced to leave the country and will decide not to return.
    Says a lot.. I wonder if the TAT back that up ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Says a lot.. I wonder if the TAT back that up ?!?
    TAT is a Tourist authority - I don't think they give a flyin' fk about expats/long-stayers - except they add another number every 15/30 days to their Amazing Statistics.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Thats why I quoted his direct statement that included "any tourist" and "will decide not to return".. You think no tourist ever stays more than 3x15 days as per many countries visit conditions ??

BTW, the TAT have always counted long stay visa runners in their back slapping visitor arrivals numbers.. So they might miss a few targets.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 5th May 2014 at 13:07.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Thats why I quoted his direct statement that included "any tourist" and "will decide not to return".. You think no tourist ever stays more than 3x15 days as per many countries visit conditions ??

BTW, the TAT have always counted long stay visa runners in their back slapping visitor arrivals numbers.. So they might miss a few targets.
    My understanding is if a G7 country then that is arrival (30 days) plus 3x30 days (+90 days) = 120 days without a visa.

I read it that they want long stayers to get a Visa - the crims and illegal workers of course don't like that 555!

BTW - did you read all of my sentence - the bit about statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    BTW - did you read all of my sentence - the bit about statistics?
    I did but was countering your statement that the TAT dont give a flying fuck.. They may when they miss some all important growth targets. Plus a police official saying specifically to 'tourists' to 'go and dont come back' as per the quote is hardly the image they wish to portray.

The whole visa run aspect of Thai regulations is just silly to the extreme.. I believe it comes down to the fiefdoms and power games from 2 different ministries working in the same field, the dept of the interior who control embassys and consuls, who issue visas.. And the Dept of immigration, who control who can stay in the country once here.

I have never understood why they dont do the processing thats done at borders at local costoms offices with appropriate controls and checks, and fees that benefit Thailands government rather than the cowboy van man companies that provide the service now.

Does any other country in asia have this issue ?? Cambodia.. PI.. Malaysia.. Laos.. They all offer a way to prove assets and stay legally incountry.. Many operating specific foreigner friendly processes to encourage long term stay.. Only Thailand does this song and dance.. Why ?? What good does it actually do them ??

They started doing this a few months ago but targeting known sources of illegal workers e.g nearby countries such as Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. Seems Phuket / Ranong are extending this to capture all

Looks like people from non G7 countries e.g Ozzies are in for a tough time and will have to go further afield to get back in on an exemption stamp

I also know of 2 known examples of after 2 double entry 60 day tourists visas being rejected on the next application and red stamped 'do not return stamp' from the Thai embassy at Vientiane

UK still handing out triple entry tourist visas (just got one myself the other day).........does make me wonder how long they will last!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    They started doing this a few months ago but targeting known sources of illegal workers e.g nearby countries such as Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. Seems Phuket / Ranong are extending this to capture all

Looks like people from non G7 countries e.g Ozzies are in for a tough time and will have to go further afield to get back in on an exemption stamp

I also know of 2 known examples of after 2 double entry 60 day tourists visas being rejected on the next application and red stamped 'do not return stamp' from the Thai embassy at Vientiane

UK still handing out triple entry tourist visas (just got one myself the other day).........does make me wonder how long they will last!!!
    Why don't you get a marriage visa (non Imm O, multiple entry)??? It's quite easy and all you have to show is 400K in the bank, or 40K monthly income.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Why don't you get a marriage visa (non Imm O, multiple entry)??? It's quite easy and all you have to show is 400K in the bank, or 40K monthly income.
    Because he would need to be more married than a bit of string and some water chucked over him !!!

Also one thing I know from many friends who are married but cant do this, is if like offshore workers your in and out of the country a lot.. You have to do your visa and come back a month later, this kind of timing simply not possible for rotation guys on 28/28.

I could and believe me I've been batting off going to the Amphor for years 5555555555555555

With my work and travel profile it's never been an issue for me since the; 'easy non O' in UK has gone, I'm quite happy with triple entry tourist 60's. If they start fooking with them I may need to reconsider

Thought you were proper married......I see the problem for offshore workers and the 90 days report

Thought you were proper married......I see the problem for offshore workers and the 90 days report
    Only a despo or an idiot would do that 5555555555555555

Thanks, are you scared to be entitled to half of your belongings?? 555

Thanks, are you scared to be entitled to half of your belongings?? 555
    Hes not giving half that jonny walker black bottle ta nea-boady..

Seems like a weak excuse to me. Can't see how that stops passport forgery?

A translation of the Police Order on Thai Geezer clearly shows this only applies to same day Out/In entries without a Visa (i.e. 30 day exemption).
    So it shouldn't effect off shore workers or genuine tourists using Thailand as a base to also visit Laos or Kampuchea.
    Otherwise, get a Visa is the message - fair enough IMHO.

No one in immigration has yet stated that's their understanding though..

I highly doubt that one night outside Thailand (so then not same day out - in) resets the counter. Simply see the application to the Russian woman recently, who spent multiple days in Malaysia and was not allowed back in.

How many back-to-back 30 day exempt stamps did she have?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast