Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trembler !!!

Trembler !!!

Earthquake in Chiang Mai..

Felt a lot stronger than the last one.. Rattled stuff off shelves.

Looks like you need a drink.........worked well after the tsunami in 2004 :-)
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Lots of sites now saying 6.0.. Not that it matters now its over..

Felt oddly dizzy for a bit after it happened tho.. Might have been to do with the 2 quick Leos mind.

Yes
    I felt in the condo,its a big building and I could feel it swaying.
    It is a strange sensation.

All the people from the building came outside and we were watching to see what might happen.
    Fortunately nothing.

The Chiang Rai race track from facebook..

Pic from twitter

^That looks like the road up to Pai.

The she-wok says Facebook is now ablaze with everyone talking about it. To me, a 6.0 is a little more than a trembler, haha. But yeah, glad that it wasnt worse and that there doesnt seem to be much carnage.

Very hard to believe how powerful earthquakes are unless you experience one yourself
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Yeah, agreed. I experienced one in southern California as a kid. Seriously, what can ya do when the whole damn earth is lurching under your feet and slinging around houses and cars and all sorts of shit in the process?

The she-wok said she fell to the ground in the apartment and just stayed there because she didnt know what else to do. She was terrified as, being an Isaan gal, she'd never even remotely experienced anything like that. Total shock & awe. I think she'll be praying a bit more to her Buddha from now on...

Some people are posting they felt the tremors here in Bangkok, it sounds weird, but I'm kind of disappointed not to have noticed it. An earthquake's something I'd like to (safely) experience but unlikely as I spend most of my time in the UK.
    Last edited by stupscott; 6th May 2014 at 00:51.

I felt it in my apartment 10th floor near Sathorn. Seemed long but not as violent as the one in Phuket a year (?) ago. My building was swaying a bit, made me nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    I felt it in my apartment 10th floor near Sathorn. Seemed long but not as violent as the one in Phuket a year (?) ago. My building was swaying a bit, made me nervous!
    I experienced a violent earthquake once while staying in a high rise hotel in San Diego.

The building was swaying, and the hanging light fixture (from the ceiling) was doing rotary laps in circles.

I made it down the emergency stairs, only to find the swimming pool with waves crashing back and forth over the pool sides.

Kind of made me sick and scared....I stayed in the ground level bar and got very drunk then.

I have slept through 2 earthquakes and the one up here a year or two ago was my first one I actually felt.. This was MUCH stronger subjectively than that one.. First there was a rumble juddering vibration for maybe 10 or 15 seconds, then there was a swaying kind of lateral sensation that lasted at least as long, maybe longer (hard to tell as the missus was screaming, shit was falling over, so perception is funny) but the swaying part I was stood up for and it screwed with your balance / dizzy feeling as your feet under you were not 'balancing' you properly, unlike being on a boat movement also.

Anyway I am sure cali residents can scoff at it only being a 6, but that was much more of a shake than last time, last one I barely knew what was going on until it was over, this one you damn sure knew.

Yeah I know it wasn't as strong in BKK but agree with the boat feeling that you couldn't somehow offset. My building felt like it wasn't swaying as much as twisting on its axis, odd feeling.

And an aftershock..

Someone I know just near the CR racetrack.. This is his GF's family restaurant.

Not one to let an opportunity pass......

SCOFF!
    LivinLOS likes this.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    And an aftershock..
    And another.. My dog is all skittish and confused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast