Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Pattaya June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    I've tried the 6 and wasn't into it and even went back 555 to try it again. nope not my scene, it's like listening to another guy getting a happy ending whilst you're surrounded with the plastic curtain after a special massage to a soapy in Sabai Dee.
    Surely you mean 'hearing'?!

I've tried the 6 and wasn't into it and even went back 555 to try it again. nope not my scene, it's like listening to another guy getting a happy ending whilst you're surrounded with the plastic curtain after a special massage to a soapy in Sabai Dee.
    I didn't find it at all like that (or maybe I picked a pretty nice bar - Lisa 3?). The rooms upstairs were huge (and thick walls.. as I saw another guy picking a girl and didn't hear him 555), very clean and fresh - even had a 42" LCD TV. I was expecting some dingy old run-down dirty cubical from most of the TRs I'd read before, but I was well impressed with this one.

^ Lisa Bar 3 is one of the newest on Soi 6, opened up during my last trip in November.

Quote Originally Posted by bawdy View Post
    ^ Lisa Bar 3 is one of the newest on Soi 6, opened up during my last trip in November.
    There was some great talent in that bar at songkran. They had all the girls with nice little songkran flowery dresses and matching flower dressing on their heads, very sexy

Quote Originally Posted by ventrios View Post
    Surely you mean 'hearing'?!
    555, maybe I should have said "having to listen to"
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Ohh you old romantic you..
    Honour among thieves :/

After having some issues with Mr T Taxi I decided to do a bit of research into another similarly priced taxi service and ended up booking Thai Call Taxi who have a very impressive and comprehensive website. They issue you with a booking code to which you respond to confirm you have it and if your driver isn't there they give you an emergency sms number to which you text your booking code and they sort it out for you, saw some good reviews on the net so decided to book it.

1100 baht is a 100 baht more expensive than Mr T but after a couple of ting tong driver and a no show last time out I'm voting with my wallet and trying something different. As ever I'll report back on performance.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Thanks, I am interested.
    I once booked Mr T and asked a big car for 2 people and luggage, plus 2 golfbags and he sent a small car which couldn't hold the golfbags. As we were leaving Pattaya for the airport I phoned him (9 in the morning) and never got answer. Even the driver couldn't reach him.

Well received a confirmation mail within an hour of my confirmation mail 555 to say everything booked and thank you for booking, there website is very comprehensive so it looks like they're putting some effort into things. Last time with mr T, booked well in advance, emailed two days again as a reminder to which I got an everything confirmed and got a no show at the airport which took a phone call and a bit of waiting around, getting into a car that was wreaking of cigarette smoke too was the last straw for me. He just seems to have too many sub-contracted drivers.

Fyi Captain, there is an option to book a bigger vehicle, I took the standard sedan Camry style but they have the MPV and minivan options too.

A Camry (even an older one) or similar should have been OK, but no Vios, City or whatever.
    Same problem in BKK where most taxis have a LPG gascontainer in the trunck. How can you get 2 passengers with luggage in that?

After having some issues with Mr T Taxi...
    I had a recent no show also...don't need that shit after a long haul.

Well received a confirmation mail within an hour of my confirmation mail 555 to say everything booked and thank you for booking, there website is very comprehensive so it looks like they're putting some effort into things. Last time with mr T, booked well in advance, emailed two days again as a reminder to which I got an everything confirmed and got a no show at the airport which took a phone call and a bit of waiting around, getting into a car that was wreaking of cigarette smoke too was the last straw for me. He just seems to have too many sub-contracted drivers.

Fyi Captain, there is an option to book a bigger vehicle, I took the standard sedan Camry style but they have the MPV and minivan options too.
    I booked Mr T last March.. guy was there even with my plane delayed.. we go off walking towards the car park.. he asked if i wanted to get anything from the shop and then leaves me standing at the entrance to the car park.. bit shit but kinda normal i guess. Next rolls up a mini bus for 8 people or however many it is, brand new... all for myself. couldn't fault it. 55

Quote Originally Posted by NOM1S View Post
    I booked Mr T last March.. guy was there even with my plane delayed.. we go off walking towards the car park.. he asked if i wanted to get anything from the shop and then leaves me standing at the entrance to the car park.. bit shit but kinda normal i guess. Next rolls up a mini bus for 8 people or however many it is, brand new... all for myself. couldn't fault it. 55
    I've had good and bad experiences with Mr T but the trip to and from Patts last time out had problems so decided it was time for a change, no harm shopping around as there's plenty of choice

Few months back I took a Mr T car from Patts to Bkk. The driver was a rather elderly chap. About 5 mins into the journey he told me he was stopping for a coffee ! Then half way in he stopped for gas and a p1ss. Then about 30 mins outside Bkk he stopped for another p1ss. He was also like driving Miss Daisy, didn't go above 80 all the way. Journey took about 3 hours !!!

However, the next time I used them a young lad turns up with his bird sat in the front. She was absolutely smoking. That wasn't a bad journey !!

The last 3 times me or a friend have been into the office opposite the Areca to book a car, we have been turned down, being told no cars available by the rather obnoxious tom boy in there...

They are not the most professional of outfits IMO. I have gone back to Mr Toom now...
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

^ This. Thenceforth, thinking to take the trusty Toom than trying that troublesome T.

Mr Toom is reasonably reliable, I can count how many times I've used him going back and forward from BKK to Patts. Sometimes the cars coming from Patts can be a bit hit and miss. I've had a few breakdowns, almost running out of LPG is common and of course many stops to get LPG

I'm 9/9 with Mr Toom. never had a problem. Knock on wood.

An inconvenient coup

With 2 weeks to go I'm facing my first trip with a coup in progress and at the moment it's still go for takeoff. Department of foreign affairs are advising extreme caution but not an essential travel only or none at all, I've mailed the insurance company to see what the story is with that too. Taxi company are saying no problem for an airport pickup and things seem to be stable enough, the protests small enough and failing Suthep actually getting his hands on those million guns I can't see any problem getting there at the moment. Even a little extension of the curfew would be nice, till about midnight would even do me as this will be about 1am by the time everyone clears out. Not ideal but it does seem like that gogo's are just opening earlier to get the punters in.

Onwards and upwards.

Best of luck, man. I'm kinda glad my next trip isnt for about 7 or 8 more weeks... let the dust settle.

I think in 2 weeks some normality to opening times should have come in.. Might be lower visitor numbers but thats not a bad thing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast