Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Pattaya June 2014

Pattaya June 2014

So only a month or so to go and in my usual attempt to attract traffic to the site I'm going to put this thread into a public accessible forum and will include daily updates from when I'm actually there trying to uncover the ever changing face of Pattaya.

So details are leaving Dublin on the 9th on the early Etihad flight after trying the later flight last year and getting p'd off sitting around the house thinking I'd be halfway there if I'd left earlier. Although it's a 4 am start and I've no lounge access with Etihad any more so it'll be back to slumming it for DP. I'm thinking of trying a service called Airport Genie where you get access to an airport lounge and security fast track for 20 euro, seems worth a try anyway. It was a nice benefit in Abu Dhabi too where I've always found it hard to kill time even though it's only a two hour turnaround. Apparently they offer a similar service in Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok air services) for a similar price I never really thought much of the lounge there before even though the food court is usually incredibly difficult to get a seat in. 10 nights in Tim Boutique as I always enjoy staying there costing around 42 euro a night.

So things to do this time around - Didn't do anything too exciting last trip as I was well wrecked after my travels around Bangkok and Cambodia and didn't really have the appetite for the bargirl/gogo girl merry go round so opted for a TG I've known for some time who was good easy company. I've been trying to come up with a few things to do that I've not done before on my previous trips over the past 3 years. So far:

4 handed massage - Probably in Soi Honey which runs from Soi Buakhao to 2nd road, always seem to be very enthusiastic ladies on this soi and is near the hotel and also has a few beer bars so a good chance to pull in and survey the talent before trying.

If this goes well I could try a 4 hand soapy although I read recently on PA that the cost of that runs to 4800 baht in Sabai Dee so maybe it could be worth checking out the other two cheaper soapy options down that end of town.

LK Metro recon - I saw Mike Bairds most updated map of Pattaya bars and gogo's and couldn't believe how much LK Metro has changed in 3 years, I think only Champagne, Office and Kiss are still there from 3 eyars ago, seems to be a dozen more gogo's to check out as well as a nice selection of beer bars which I've never been into.

Different beer bar complexes - I'm determined to try out some more beer bar complexes specifically around Soi 7/8, the two around walking street(Simon and something else 55), the one near Page 10 and the Made in Thailand complex near the night bazaar. A chance afternoon beer in the Avenue complex a couple of trips ago resulted in some good times and a bell ring so you never know what happens when you roll the dice in Pattaya.

Thinking of going to the Sanctuary of Truth and the Big Buddha/Pattaya viewpoint, I was half thinking of going to Koh Larn but I don't swim and not into lying on beaches so why put up with a boatload of Russians for a few beachy pics?

Add in a few Walking street gogo's just for research and should be a pretty good trip.

Any suggestions or places to check out please post here, daily updates shouldn't be a problem with wifi widely available in the bars, unfortunately doesn't come as standard in Tim's.

Taxi out to Aqua Daymie and or slumming it over at the white oyster in the daytime..

Never did a dark side trip either.

Samet or Chang are nice for an overnighter if you find the right companion

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Samet or Chang are nice for an overnighter if you find the right companion
    A long way to Ko Chang for just an overnight. I would think at least 3 nights to justify the trip there. Never been myself its on the list to do
    LivinLOS likes this.

^ I've done a 2 nighter there...up early in the morning.....on the island for lunch..took about 4.5 hours...same in return..we left just after dark and got back about 10.30pm

Depends how much time you have in your schedule I guess...but agree 2 or more nights would suit me better too..although plenty do the overnighter

Can't say the islands are very appealing to me, like I said I don't swim/snorkel/dive etc and sitting at the hotel pool is much more appealing than sitting at the beach.

An afternoon on soi 4?

Just grasping at straws as you already seem to have a pretty solid plan.

^^ Is there much of a beer bar setup on soi 4 none too familiar with that end of town except for drinking street which was a tame enough experience.

Think WP is talking about BKK , Soi 6 is the one you want in Patts
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Tried soi 6 and its not my thing theyve plenty of pa members to keep them ticking over 55

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Think WP is talking about BKK , Soi 6 is the one you want in Patts
    Yeah, I think WP was talking about Nana, but there are soapies around that area.

I will be in Pattaya in June/next month, that's if I can escape Khon Kaen! 555

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Tried soi 6 and its not my thing theyve plenty of pa members to keep them ticking over 55
    I don't patronise the PA bars, they think they are saving Soi 6, I'm not so convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by bawdy View Post
    I don't patronise the PA bars, they think they are saving Soi 6, I'm not so convinced.
    It needed saving ??
    JimCA2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    It needed saving ??
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by bawdy View Post
    Yep PA really has turned into the soi 6 forum, haven't been on it for quite a while but have been doing some reading lately and it seems a lot quieter and less varied than before.

It needed saving ??
    I think there was a threat of it being modernized a while back, a few empty bars, an out of the way location and its reputation as an undesirable face of prostitution in Pattaya as well as the influx of Russian, Arab and Indian tourists who wouldn't frequent the area triggered a campaign to put in on PA members to do lists. Seems that is has changed a good bit anyway from my first trip in that there's more open plan bars instead of the BG's sitting outside closed doors which I always found a bit off putting.

Off putting you say.. hmmm...

Off putting you say.. hmmm...
    I've tried the 6 and wasn't into it and even went back 555 to try it again. nope not my scene, it's like listening to another guy getting a happy ending whilst you're surrounded with the plastic curtain after a special massage to a soapy in Sabai Dee.
    Waharoa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    It's like listening to another guy getting a happy ending whilst you're surrounded with the plastic curtain after a special massage
    Ohh you old romantic you..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast