Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By TLandHim
  • 3 Post By obes
  • 2 Post By TLandHim

Thread: Patong Creek

Patong Creek

After all the complaints (justified) about water quality around here, I've something good to report.

This morning on an early walk I went to the south end of the beach by the bridge and looked over the seaward edge and the water looked clean, like you could see the bottom. Surprised I walked up to the top of the bridge, looked down into the creek and the water was clear and transparent even in the channel. Tide was in so it could have been the incoming tide helping but it's better than I have ever seen it.

For the 60 - 70 meters from the bridge to the footpath fishmarket I looked over the edge down on to the water and there were tens of thousands of 2-4cm fish shoaling the whole distance and then the water retreated from the road and I couldn't see further.

Are we actually seeing some improvements?
    Coolhand and LivinLOS like this.

Surely not, it will be turds and tampons again by tomorrow...

It's actually way better than when I first came here in 99.......Back then the whole south part of the beach/sea was colored brown from the creek. They use chemicals these days to clean the sewage and it do look better...............not sure if the chemicals actually are more healthy than the sewage tho..........
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    not sure if the chemicals actually are more healthy than the sewage tho..........
    Probably won't know for 20 years, until the fish we eat have 3 eyes and legs ! 555
    geir, TLandHim and WarProfiteer like this.

Went back last night about 5.30pm as I was wondering if it was an aberration or because of the tide but 12 hours later it was still running clear and lots of fish still visible.

Hard to believe when you remember what it used to be like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    geir and Easycpl like this.