Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TLandHim

Thread: Phuket - Great customer service

Phuket - Great customer service

In Patong and had a problem with my motorbike which made it unrideable.
    The dealer in Phuket Town has no one who speaks English and I speak even less Thai.
    Phoning is too hard so I went in and explained where to come in Patong to pick the bike up and take it to their shop in Phuket.
    On Wednesday they duly came with a pick up and after several calls and me handing the phone to a Thai lady standing near they found our apartment loaded the bike and took it to Phuket Town.

Next day I rode in to see if they had had a chance to look at it.
    "Finis" I was greeted with and they showed the problem (rear brake locking due to a distortion as far as I could tell) and started to wheel it out. " No, I have scooter here and cannot ride two" "No problem we bring to you tomollow"
    "Great, how much?" I asked feeling real pleased it wasn't major and they had fixed it already.
    "290 baht" was the answer (2 new rear shoes were fitted)
    "Cannot be" I said, you picked up bike, taking bike back etc. To cut a long story short they reluctantly accepted 590 baht for 2 trips in the ute to Patong and to repair the bike.

Just amazingly decent people and such a pleasure to deal with.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Ive found labour type service in Phuket and all of Thailand great

Ask Erik (MajorTom), he just bought a new Ducati for 600k................amazing service 555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

A lot of times the service on big bikes is way over what you might expect. Twice I have personally witnessed a group of Thai guys work on a big bike for an hour or two, then hand the keys back when they're done and say it's free because they just enjoyed working on a big bike for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    "290 baht" was the answer (2 new rear shoes were fitted)
    "Cannot be" I said, you picked up bike, taking bike back etc. To cut a long story short they reluctantly accepted 590 baht for 2 trips in the ute to Patong and to repair the bike.
    Hm, I wonder how much to go from Patong to the airport.

By the way, it reminds me of the scooter repair I got in October. The scooter couldn't start after 6 months in hiatus at Suvarnabhumi. A person at the airport drove me and the scooter to the mechanic, they got it started, gave it some oil various places because of the long time it has not been used. And since my mirrors had been taking, they put on two new mirrors. Price 119 baht. I had to ask three times, thinking they forgot to add the price of the mirrors.