Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TLandHim

Thread: Phuket - Great customer service 2

Phuket - Great customer service 2

After seeing the motorbike shop I had a couple of things to go to in Phuket Town and the the temp showing an the bike was 38 - 40 degrees centigrade and real muggy. Driving a scooter in town traffic is very unfun when you are not in the mood and very hot and sticky, I needed a drink and to cool down. I needed air con and thought for a moment and headed off to Maeluan Rd.

The Phuket Tea Station is opposite the Mitsubishi car dealer and is air conditioned, and has parking up the driveway under trees.
    Went in, it was nice and cool and ordered a green tea and banana smoothie and the Canadian Toast and Bacon for lunch, been there a couple of times and pretty inexpensive and very nice food. And very important to my lady, it has a clean Euro toilet.

Was brought a little sample drink and a something to snack immediately and then got my smoothie. Then the manageress came out with a plate and asked if I would try her new dish "Dutch Pancake" which had cinnamon flavoured puff pastry, egg, ham and cheese on it. I said sure and she put the plate in front of me and I said "I'll just cut a piece off"
    "No no, for you" and left me with the whole plate. I confess I ate the lot.
    I also ate all the "Canadian Toast when it came. How I could be that much of a pig I don't know but it was all delicious and I fairly staggered out and I'm sure I heard the scooter groan when I hopped on. I didn't have a meal for the rest of the day.

274 baht was the price and so pleasant.
    nelsonone and Girds like this.

Yeah while having a beer last night the manageress came over and was testing out a new pizza offering.. Freebies all round..

Needed a bit of perfecting, but welcome offering none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Yeah while having a beer last night the manageress came over and was testing out a new pizza offering.. Freebies all round..

Needed a bit of perfecting, but welcome offering none the less.
    Hey Man....You got plenty of free pizza from me and Robb in the jacuzzi....although we had some appetite suppresors digested also 555

It is often the case here that you either get great service, or none at all.
    I do believe that the service people that give the worst service, don't usually do it intentionally.....they just don't know any better. Simply improper training....or no training at all. Or, it could be that they don't want to de3al with farangs because they just don't have the language skills, and don't want to lose face.

My wife told me that years ago she worked part time in Robinsons Ratchida in Bkk and every time she saw a farang shopping in her area, she would head the other way.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Hey Man....You got plenty of free pizza from me and Robb in the jacuzzi....although we had some appetite suppresors digested also 555
    Rub a Dub Dub - Three men in a tub 55555!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    I do believe that the service people that give the worst service, don't usually do it intentionally.....they just don't know any better. Simply improper training....or no training at all. Or, it could be that they don't want to de3al with farangs because they just don't have the language skills, and don't want to lose face.

My wife told me that years ago she worked part time in Robinsons Ratchida in Bkk and every time she saw a farang shopping in her area, she would head the other way.
    That's why we eat at Summer Breeze fairly often Bill.
    Great friendly staff as well as good food.
    You should set up a training business here.

Often had staff in shops turn away when they saw it was farang.
    Pity the managers didn't train and help them better

That's what I liked about the Tea Shop. Been about 3 times before and greeted by all the staff as if I was an old friend.
    Not insincerely either, a pleasant acknowledgement.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    I wrote a post yesterday and deleted it as I didnt want a positive service thread to go into the negative service..

But I am always surprised by the way big ticket items can come with such awful service levels. Like you get more help and assistance buying an 800b blender than you do an 800,000 baht car.

In fact its cars I am clearly thinking, when shopping for my missus's car, the difficulty we had at toyota and mazda, from being ignored, from huffs and eye rolling and sighs just for asking some questions, to the refusal of a test drive and total non interest in being able to show interior spec levels.. It just blew my mind. A good part of why she ended up with a ford was at least they were motivated, they tried (as did nissan to be fair, but the micra was just a bit too cheaply fitted out).

So did you buy her a Fiesta?? I'm tempted to buy their new mini SUV (Ecosport)that is based on the Fiesta......looks great for only 669k
    Last edited by geir; 17th May 2014 at 11:09.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Yeah she got a fiesta fully loaded but not the 16v sport.. I wanted the 7 airbags off the top one but didnt want her to have the sport engine. Of course they dont 'spec cars' here, its packages and you have to have what they offer.

Technically its a great car, does everything it should very well. I just find it very soul less.. The auto works, I just hate autos, the steering is perfectly fine, but theres no feedback or weighting. Its well made and solid, its just the opposite of what I like in a car which is some character and feedback. Then again thats so many modern cars, functionally fine but low on engagement.

Have you had a look at the Nissan Juke ?? Bit more fun than the ford possibly.

I haven't adapted to it's shape yet, looks a bit strange and I'm scared it got Renault quality........Do you know how much the Juke cost??
    Just found the price, starts at 819k, so a bit more expensive.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Fords are fantastic and making huge strides in Asia

Ford is making great sales in Malaysia, but their after sales still a nightmare, not enough service outlets.