Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ranong immigration did it again...............

Ranong immigration did it again...............

I went down to the immigration today to get a one year extension on my O marriage visa.
    I brought all the paperwork and thought it would be easy.......Well easy it was for them, they rejected giving me a visa because that Joy and I have a shared bank account. It's been more than 400k in the bank for more than 3 months and it's supposed to be smooth..............They will only accept a private account in my name and the money have to be there for at least 2 months........As I have plans for the money I can't wait that long.
    So I will do a bit of searching today and head off to Phuket to hopefully get it sorted tomorrow................Otherwise Penang is next where I've done it several times with shared bank accounts...........
    They do really hate me in Ranong Immigration.......not the first time I had problems there.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Wishing you best of luck, man... obviously a frustrating thing to deal with... at the risk of sounding like a broken record, situations like this are exactly why I have no plans on living in Thailand long term. I'd rather be in country where my investments and spending are welcomed, visa processes are made simple and completed once per year.
    geir likes this.

Sorry mate but should have posted.. Thats always the way, your name account not joints.

Getting the visa outside of Thailand its about showing amount only, so that should work..

Your only supposed to be able to get an extension on a non imm in your home province where the tabien baan in, I think that will rule out Phuket doing one for you unless very lucky.

That's just flat out WRONG, Geir!

Are you sure that's the rules? I read you can even show joint income of 40k a month..............

SHIT, I just saw the rules on the official Immigration site..................Off to Penang then I guess..........can't wait another 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Are you sure that's the rules? I read you can even show joint income of 40k a month..............
    Yes 400k in your bank account.. Or 40k a month in verified (if local then Thai taxes paid) income.

I actually think the income can be joint.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 27th May 2014 at 13:15.

Dont forget some embassy and consuls are easy going when giving you the letter verifying income.. I have no idea who you deal with for Noggie stuff but its possible you could get that letter easier than a trip to Penang.

Beware also to check if Penang are issuing 1 year multi entries any more ?? All that for only a 90 day single entry would be a pain

If you need an address in Phuket I can easily arrange for you to be put on mine if it will help.

I'm going to Penang on Monday, didn't realise it was such a pain to get to There's only like one direct flight a day from HKT, and since I need to get to the embassy before 12pm I have to fly a day earlier, and then since I have to wait until the next day for the ed visa pickup, that's another day - so 2 nights there.... meh, extra costs I didn't want to have to deal with.

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Sorry mate but should have posted.. Thats always the way, your name account not joints.
    It wasnt always like that .... this was a new hoop introduced ~ 2006 or 2007 just before I moved to CM .... the last extension I did in Phuket anyway (2007) .... complete waste of time trying Phuket Geir - they will definitely want a/c in your own name.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    It wasnt always like that .... this was a new hoop introduced ~ 2006 or 2007 just before I moved to CM
    OK.. Has been own account for the last 4 years I have done them..

I'm probably going with one of the crazy mini buses, about 4500 Baht included 1 night in a nice hotel and meals........I don't like riding the buses, but it's good value. I had no problem in Penang last year, and I know of people doing it this year as well...............
    @Sef, I have no assets in Norway, so have to deal with what we have saved up here......Can't really wait 2 months as we are refurbishing the guesthouse at the moment.....
    @Soupy, I don't think an address in phuket would help, guess I need the money for two months in my private account......

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I'm probably going with one of the crazy mini buses, about 4500 Baht included 1 night in a nice hotel and meals........I don't like riding the buses, but it's good value. I had no problem in Penang last year, and I know of people doing it this year as well...............
    Just check ok.. I hear lots of things changing on one year non imms in local SE Asian consuls.. Lots wanting to give single entry only and telling people to extend at immigration. I know savankhet is still giving 1 year non imm O multi entry based on marriage, but if people are asking around and going there just because they are easy, it means other ones close are not easy.

Verify before hand.

@Sef, I have no assets in Norway, so have to deal with what we have saved up here......
    Many embassy's just make you swear an affidavit.. No checks..

Just check ok.. I hear lots of things changing on one year non imms in local SE Asian consuls.. Lots wanting to give single entry only and telling people to extend at immigration. I know savankhet is still giving 1 year non imm O multi entry based on marriage, but if people are asking around and going there just because they are easy, it means other ones close are not easy.

Verify before hand.

Many embassy's just make you swear an affidavit.. No checks..
    A friend of mine did it in Penang 2 months ago, he didn't even show the money. (he had birth certificate of his kid tho)

Confirmed on Thaivisa.. Ranongs a single entry..

Just saying. You might get it, but dont expect it.

They offered me 2 months extension in Ranong, so I could get my bank book sorted.......then in 2 months they would give me a one year extension with 90 day reports..........
    To bad I can't wait, already ordered motorbikes and stuff for the guesthouse.....

Savannakhet Laos is where everyones going.. Handing out 1 year non imm O multiple entries with only the marriage certs etc.

Savannakhet Laos is where everyones going.. Handing out 1 year non imm O multiple entries with only the marriage certs etc.
    Maybe try up there then.....When did you hear of anyone getting it in savannakhet last time??

Reports every few days that thats the process there.. Pain to get to tho..

Unsure on Vientiene.. Heard they had become difficult, as had Phnom Penh, in the last while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast