Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By TLandHim
  • 2 Post By Steve@thaib
  • 3 Post By Lightemup

Thread: Patong - Police Arrest

Patong - Police Arrest

Driving along Beach Rd, Patong this afternoon and passed Sawatdirak Rd and a Thai guy jumped out in front of the scooter in front of me, shouting at the rider and grabbing at the handle bars. The rider stopped and leapt off and this other scruffy looking guy leapt on the scooter and roared off down the road straight in front of me, with lots of yelling and running from a thai guy on the footpath in front of me.

As we came up to the next street on the right (Hat Patong) the "hijacked" scooter in front overtook another scooter and the "hijacker"
    kicked the other scooter, which immediately crashed throwing the driver on the road. The "hijacker" was on top of the guy who fell off before I could even stop. Smacked his head into the road and had handcuffs on him before I properly pulled in to the side and stopped.

I woke up and realised the "hijacker" was actually police.

I know "duelling scooters" sounds a bit "keystone cops" but this was far from it.

A very impressive arrest. Quite a contrast to the very casual looking cops that wander around with seemingly nothing to do.
    Last edited by TLandHim; 9th June 2014 at 18:37.
    Robaht and billpay like this.

Jeepers, sounds brilliant, though tempting to apply the 'pictures or it didn't happen' rule...

Steve
    I had the camera in my pocket and it crossed my mind but these two were not playing around and I was too close to them and then I had to move with the traffic, it's all one way and I couldn't park.
    Both guys were very solid for Thais and the crook was tall, about 5'10" but amy have broken or damaged his leg

Wouldn't expect pictures really, just would have been cool. I have a bit of a phobia about pointing cameras at guys who may be able to point guns right back at me; best avoided
    TLandHim and soupdragon like this.

When they want to they don't screw around.., but IMO often put the rest of the public at risk in over reaction.. Eg ramming cars off the road, discharging guns in public etc.. I remember when one shot a kid in the back for running through a helmet roadblock in kathu..

To be expected I guess for the kind of level of development and accountability.

I was sitting on the rail once at Bar 4 when a moto cop came down the road and passenger cop launched himself off the back of it while it was revving up to zoom further down the soi. I guess is was an LB bust. They scattered like roaches when the bright light comes on. It was 4 seconds of pure chaos on the soi, followed by 10 minutes of dazed confusion. The one cop ran down an alley after one pair of LB's while the dirver of the bike shot down the soi to presumably head them off and turned further up. It was kind of impressive to see. Fairly coordinated little apprehension plan.

That shit is why I now always have a GoPro cam on my helmets.
    Too much funny shit happening around us
    TLandHim, LivinLOS and soupdragon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightemup View Post
    That shit is why I now always have a GoPro cam on my helmets.
    Too much funny shit happening around us
    Could do with more like you around, CCTV that actually works