Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Hooters Patong

Hooters Patong

Bobby and I stopped by Hooters today to check out the place and see what they had to offer. 10pc boneless wings for B299 is obviously a bit steep, but nevertheless they were pretty tasty. The rest of the food was priced similar.

The girls were all pretty nice - but quite a few had their makeup caked on which is a bit of a turn-off for me. Still, lovely and for the most part ample "sized" ladies - would have been better if they mingled more, but I think they had a meeting as they seemed pretty busy working something out.

Just as we were leaving they burst out into dance - I guess the US guys can let us know if that is a typical Hooters event? Nice to watch

It's a shame its a fair walk from the center of town (next to Hard Rock/OTOP for those familiar with the area).

K2
    How depressing ... Patong's descent into a global brand tourist trap is nearing the end zone ... when I left Phuket 6 years ago, I mused on how Bangla Road would one day be just another bunch of designer shops and global branded restaurants ... another step down that road.
    Geespot, Namlay, nelsonone and 1 others like this.
    Its My Life .....!

Yeah... price wise it's steep... all you can wings for 600 baht (from 11 am-6 pm Weds, can't say didn't help plug it while whinging about the price, 555) but the real indication was that a side dish of rice normally 10-15 baht in a Thai food stall was going for 50 baht.

Curly fries 200 baht, anyone?

Hopefully there are a lot of Americans looking for an American chain restaurant not called KFC, McDonalds, or Burger King, then that'll be the place for you.

Lots of foreign management there helping out... had a hooter's chef, 3 guys (operations) and 3 girls (floor staff) as a training team. Considering they are paying the girls 35k to 50k+... I can imagine the management must be making a mint or at least a percentage of the sales or living allowance.

Probably worth a trip for something different once a month on 2-1 mojitos (Fridays)... priced at 230 baht, 555

Too funny... Yes, the girls will break out into dance routines and whatnot in the States too. Somewhat overpriced food seems to be part of the franchise. But you don't go there just for the food, and really can't expect to pay food stall prices.

A hooters in Patong is like bringing an overpriced bologna sandwich to a steak and lobster fry. They will probably get some "family friendly" business from Mom and Dad, Buddy and Sis, staying over at the Hilton, but… Hard Rock, Hooters, What's next, a Bubba Gump's shrimp joint and a Margaritaville ?

These are troubling times in the Kingdom m'Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Easycpl View Post
    A hooters in Patong is like bringing an overpriced bologna sandwich to a steak and lobster fry. They will probably get some "family friendly" business from Mom and Dad, Buddy and Sis, staying over at the Hilton, but… Hard Rock, Hooters, What's next, a Bubba Gump's shrimp joint and a Margaritaville ?

These are troubling times in the Kingdom m'Lord...
    But the funny thing is, I guarantee if this was in BKK...........it would be filled with Thais!

and Patong is a tourist trap now............this, to me, fits right in to the place

I like Hooters wings.

Meh, when I am in the states, I am rarely opposed to a burger and beers at Hooters... just to see the eye candy. The food is crap, but there's usually sports on multiple big screens and some of the gals will be chatty fun. If you can actually not act like a creeper by only staring at their cleavage, I've found the avg Hooters gal usually has a decent sense of humor about her job and can be conversationally entertaining.

All that said, I agree that it would be better situated in BKK... putting one in Phuket just feels wrong somehow.

McDonald's, KFC, Hooters... Same same
    I've been surprised by how many TGs drag me into KFC. Never eat there at home.

Looks like it was doing pretty good business went we went there last week.
    A bit noisy and a bit pricy.

Went to Hooters in Vegas and Tigerlady was so disappointed when we turned up and the girls weren't topless (not as disappointed as I was though).
    What's all the fuss about? The girls are pleasant enough but not showing a lot of cleavage and wearing granny stockings?

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    my wife swore KFC was a Thai restaurant
    funny enough...........they have an old picture in Gulliver's in Soi 5 of Kentucky Fried Chicken that I showed her

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    I like Hooters wings.
    I only go in there to stare at tits.
    Snideybowl likes this.

I was in a Hooters in Amsterdam first time I went there and it was a bit like finding an over priced bar with mediocre looking staff in a brothel. Actually that's exactly what it was... apart from the brothel bit.
    Last edited by Jack; 14th June 2014 at 08:16.
    TLandHim and ub2yoo like this.

Hooters in asia just feels wrong.. And not in a good way..

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    my wife swore KFC was a Thai restaurant
    She isnt alone..

I swear they subtly changed the Col.. Made his beard a teeny bit whispier, his glasses a bit rounder, and generally a tiny bit more chinese asian ??

From Deep South Col.. Mint Juleps and The Kentucky Derby..

To 'Vaguely generic southern Gentleman'.

To "Can I hel yoo"

If it wasnt for his tie, you could order a chow mien of that guy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    Asians love their friend chicken..

I also dislike the western branding but franchise operations are a force of economies of scale..

And as much as I may dislike it.. If I was offered a significant piece of the ground floor at getting KFC into Myanmar I would be all over it like extra crispy !!

I can't eat KFC here in the States. (without vomiting)

Definitely a no-go in Thailand. A lot of really bad looking "chicken" pieces, that I've seen the TG's fawning over.

On the other hand, "Popeye's" chicken beats the hell out of KFC, and is actually pretty good IMO. I've heard that there are a couple of franchises in Thailand now, though I'm not sure where.

I'd like to check one out, to see if it's a better quality than KFC there (LOS) as well.

Went past Hooters on Tuesday about 7.30 pm- they were moderately busy and Hard Rock Cafe next door was empty.
    Which tells me that market segment, here, in Low season is limited.

However, with the Aussie enclave nearby maybe the cows will drag their hubbies in there to show that their tits are bigger?
    Time for a price and cleavage war? - Hooters v. HRC v. FLs
    Last edited by Evilbaz; 14th June 2014 at 09:28.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

I'd be curious to know about Popeye's franchise availability and costs/such, in LOS?
    Sunbelt would know.. They are the franchise handlers for a whole bunch of chains.. Hence why one of the Sunbelt partners is trying to hard to get his sunrise tacos franchise going.. One in Cambo now... I think Dukes would operate well as a franchise, fixed menu, consistent experience etc.

Would be very leary of being involved with a 2nd tier franchise deal tho.. KFC rules the fried chicken fast food scene.

I can't eat KFC here in the States. (without vomiting)

Definitely a no-go in Thailand. A lot of really bad looking "chicken" pieces, that I've seen the TG's fawning over.

On the other hand, "Popeye's" chicken beats the hell out of KFC, and is actually pretty good IMO. I've heard that there are a couple of franchises in Thailand now, though I'm not sure where.

I'd like to check one out, to see if it's a better quality than KFC there (LOS) as well.
    Popeye's is FANTASTIC!!

But I do think KFC is better in LOS than here in NA

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast