Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: Signs of the Times

Signs of the Times

This morning I noticed at the north end of Patong Beach..where the road forks off toward Kalim...someone..or some people have erected a HUGE sign (which is presently covered) right on the edge of the sidewalk against the beach..and next to it is smaller letters that say Patong Beach....anyway.. I'm thinking that since they are also building a new round about there...this could be an indication that the one way system will be turned around soon...as traffic that is coming down Phra Baramee Rd will see this HUGE sign as they enter the beach rd...who knows what its going to say...but still...What is the friggin point?...imagine your first visit to Patong Beach..arriving to the beach rd and you see some ugly signage obstructing views of the beach itself...Is this relly necessary?...the people in charge here have discovered more ways to make this place look ugly and have taken away from the natural splendor.

There are a few incomprehensible signs already.
    Don't need one like this.

What about the very expensive stone and metal sign on the right as you go up Patong Hill from Phuket Town?
    Going up or down you would have to be crazy to risk more than a glance at it and they have a viewpoint on the other side of the road but if anyone used it the traffic would be blocked on the worst part of the hill.

Talking about changing the traffic directions, they had traffic lights at Soi Sai Nam Yen and Ratuchit road about 2 months ago for a night or two but they have been turned off ever since. And the Broken Middle Road---- words fail me

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    And the Broken Middle Road---- words fail me
    That really is nuts..

I left and the road was in progress.. Thats like 5 years ago.. I go back, what last year.. and it was way worse..

Years and years to just make a km of road ?!?! Mind blowing.
    TLandHim likes this.

I remember seeing the BIG billboard riding from Khatu to Patong, over Patong Hill...."Hooters" restaurant, Patong. I think I recall it being as early as 2005/2006.

Good to see they have finally opened. 555

Is it still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    I remember seeing the BIG billboard riding from Khatu to Patong, over Patong Hill...."Hooters" restaurant, Patong. I think I recall it being as early as 2005/2006.

Good to see they have finally opened. 555

Is it still there?
    I think I saw it recently but I am real focused driving a bike two up going either way on that hill and don't notice a lot.
    Tell me Pablo, are you like some guys on here and looked at the food, or like me and looked at the hooters?

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Tell me Pablo, are you like some guys on here and looked at the food, or like me and looked at the hooters?
    Yes, I don't.