Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: No espn.com?

No espn.com?

I was trying to access WWW.ESPN.COM today as I like keeping up on all the sports and today the webpage was blocked...my guess is the coup leaders believe that by blocking this webpage, people won't be able to follow the football scores and betting....are you serious?

Add it to the 10s probably 100s now of sites that keep vanishing..

Tennis sites.. Football sites.. Nothing political at all..

This is nuts!

ssssshhh... Be quiet.. Thats not contributing the happiness of the country..

Beatings will continue until morale improves.
    tnlawyer and Geespot like this.

Yeah... as of today espngo.com... is down and out... However espnfc.com is still up and running...

Now I have to turn to fox sports to get my intel on MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL...

well that being the case eliminates my thoughst that they are trying to deter football betting...so why block out the other sports info?

I just came across this too -- why would they block ESPN?

Keep using the Tor Browser more and more these days. Too bad it's based on FF rather than Chrome, but have the added anonymity included.

Have a set up for Norwegian live TV and another for the US. Been watching most of the World Cup matches in the mornings (Thai time) on-demand.

Another one that is working very well for streaming is wiziwig.eu
    Watching live sport from all over the world through them,,,,,,,,it's a few pop-ups in the beginning, but after a minute it's all good.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

^^ Yeah, been using that and coolsport, usagoals etc. for live sports. For banned sites you would need a VPN though. Actually wasn't that impressed with paid services like HMA, so Tor and Hola are more than ok for my usage.

Also a project of mine to get rid of those pop-ups, as well as locating the best stream ahead of a specific event. Work in progress...

Problem with Tor browser for regular site use is it blocks so many scripts some sites become unusable.. I think you can config TOR as a routing service only but not looked into it..

Cyberghost provides a super simple windows VPN service, with idiot proof dialogues and a big clear on and off button.. And the only pain is a few second delay when you activate it.

https://www.accessnow.org/blog/2014/...ip-in-thailand

More biased around privacy than blocks and also many for mobile use only.

all I know is that this whole thing has become a real pain in the a^^

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Problem with Tor browser for regular site use is it blocks so many scripts some sites become unusable.. I think you can config TOR as a routing service only but not looked into it..

Cyberghost provides a super simple windows VPN service, with idiot proof dialogues and a big clear on and off button.. And the only pain is a few second delay when you activate it.
    Yeah, Tor doesn't really work well for regular browsing. I mainy use it for accessing specific sites only, like live Norwegian tv. Other than that, just regular Chrome or trying to use Chromium embedded into my Windows application to manipulate the DOM. But that's programming hacks I'd just like to fiddle with anyways.

Actually, did not know CG included a Norwegian VPN in their free bundle so will definately check that out. Not sure how the "Disconnect after 3 hours" would work though.

and now mine came back

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    and now mine came back
    Mine did too.

Yeah back here also.. Tho what I have found is.. A site often goes, then is of and on, or on with my phone but not my desktop or vice versa, and then gone again.

Why they feel the need to block sports sites is beyond me.