Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone need a car????

  1. #1
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168

    Anyone need a car????

    Since we are still a small forum I'm taking the freedom to advertise my car... (remove it if you want Sef).
    I'm selling my old VW Vento 1996 model with 208k Km on the clock. The car is in good working order with ice cold aircon. I've done 30k Km with it for the past 2,5 years and have changed wheel bearings in the back, aircon fan and timing belt.
    The car is in good condition, but with a few minor scratches and one small dent.
    I payed 120k for it, but are villing to let it go for only 60k Baht.............So for anyone that want a cheap run around, it's as cheap as it gets in Thailand.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Perfectly ok to post mate..

    I still have my old Golf !! and it still wont break down enough or become unreliable and make me want to make me sell it !! These old 90s VW's go forever. Its become a bit of a joke now.

    Tho I too have had to do wheel bearing more than other cars..

    At 60k thats gotta go easy..

  3. #3
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Thanks, not sure if it's many inn here that need a car tho.........The car been great for me as well, but think it's time to let it go and upgrade a bit. Haven't picked anything yet, but think it's going to be a newish 2nd hand.
    As I can't afford a car I really want (like a newish BMW or Merc) I will look at Asian made cars with low Km and full service history......off to Bangkok soon.
    I also don't want to take the loss of buying a brand new "normal" car that is just going to be "another car" on my list.......If I had 2-3 mil to spend on cars it would be a bit different.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Perfectly ok to post mate..

    I still have my old Golf !! and it still wont break down enough or become unreliable and make me want to make me sell it !! These old 90s VW's go forever. Its become a bit of a joke now.
    I think all the "older" VW's were nearly indestructible.

    I owned (and abused) two or three "bugs" in my early years, and you just couldn't stop them. 555
    geir likes this.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Thanks, not sure if it's many inn here that need a car tho.........The car been great for me as well, but think it's time to let it go and upgrade a bit. Haven't picked anything yet, but think it's going to be a newish 2nd hand.
    As I can't afford a car I really want (like a newish BMW or Merc) I will look at Asian made cars with low Km and full service history......off to Bangkok soon.
    I also don't want to take the loss of buying a brand new "normal" car that is just going to be "another car" on my list.......If I had 2-3 mil to spend on cars it would be a bit different.
    I am also in a funny position.. I sorta need a pickup for all the bike stuff.. And the Golf is kinda old now..

    But I really struggle to pay the big money on a car I dont 'want' I would have no problem shelling out for something nice but nice well made RWD cars, they are multi milllions here, for something I would get for a couple hundred K back home.. Hard to pull the trigger.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    I owned (and abused) two or three "bugs" in my early years, and you just couldn't stop them. 555
    One way into a decent toy car would be to get a legal VW bug chassis, and drop a Porsche 356 (I would go widebody cal look) kit onto it.

    Not really legal, due to the body mods, but legal enough to get by.

  7. #7
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Not really legal, due to the body mods, but legal enough to get by.
    A true TIT phrase.
    Last edited by soupdragon; 22nd June 2014 at 08:03.
    WarProfiteer likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I am also in a funny position.. I sorta need a pickup for all the bike stuff.. And the Golf is kinda old now..

    But I really struggle to pay the big money on a car I dont 'want' I would have no problem shelling out for something nice but nice well made RWD cars, they are multi milllions here, for something I would get for a couple hundred K back home.. Hard to pull the trigger.
    Yeah, I'm going to end up with some boring automatic for now and let Joy keep it when I feel I can afford a new-ish BMW 7 series.
    I don't know much about Proton, but 2nd hand it seem to be great value for the money. I know it's by far the biggest in Malaysia so it can't be all that bad. Think it's more like Thai people want Thai produced cars and don't trust anything else. Can find 3-4 year old Proton Gen 2 from around 200k (untouched cars with low km). If you pick the smaller versions it's even cheaper.................
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Since we are still a small forum I'm taking the freedom to advertise my car... (remove it if you want Sef).
    I'm selling my old VW Vento 1996 model with 208k Km on the clock. The car is in good working order with ice cold aircon. I've done 30k Km with it for the past 2,5 years and have changed wheel bearings in the back, aircon fan and timing belt.
    The car is in good condition, but with a few minor scratches and one small dent.
    I payed 120k for it, but are villing to let it go for only 60k Baht.............So for anyone that want a cheap run around, it's as cheap as it gets in Thailand.
    You having such a good deal and knowing you wouldnt bullshit i told Ao because maybe her brothers or friend might be interested
    Told her you had an 18yr old car for a good price

    She immediately asked me what color?
    Actually that is all she asked me.

    I told her anyone buying a 20yr old car probably isnt too worried about the color!
    LivinLOS, Pablo and junkhouse like this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,044
    ^^555555What color, good one.5555
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

  11. #11
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    You having such a good deal and knowing you wouldnt bullshit i told Ao because maybe her brothers or friend might be interested
    Told her you had an 18yr old car for a good price

    She immediately asked me what color?
    Actually that is all she asked me.

    I told her anyone buying a 20yr old car probably isnt too worried about the color!
    That's funny 555, it's actually silver if anyone interested.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    ^^555555What color, good one.5555
    Girls....smh.

    I see it everyday. Forget value, forget resale, forget feckall...

    "The wheels are cute! Let's get it sweety!" 55

    But as the saying goes...'women control 50% of the buying power, and 100% of the P0ssy'.

    So yes honey, it's a great color..555
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    So it's not the pink one - Damn!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  14. #14
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    SOLD!!!
    I sold it yesterday to a Swedish friend on Phayam. Getting it sorted when he comes back from Sweden in one month.
    I think he got good value for 60K.......But at the same time 2nd hand prices here is crazy. It have to change soon as the 2nd hand marked is overflown with cars.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I don't know much about Proton, but 2nd hand it seem to be great value for the money. I know it's by far the biggest in Malaysia so it can't be all that bad. Think it's more like Thai people want Thai produced cars and don't trust anything else. Can find 3-4 year old Proton Gen 2 from around 200k (untouched cars with low km). If you pick the smaller versions it's even cheaper.................
    Thank Buddha for the search function otherwise would have been a nightmare to find this thread but did remember one about 2nd hand cars

    Am moving up near BKK in about a weeks time and want to buy a cheap car as am in the process of buying another property so dont want to spend much cash right now....but just feel it is an absolute necessity now..........starting to feel less and less safe on the roads lately on two wheels (maybe that's just a Phuket thing though) and also can be a pain in the ass in the rainy season without a car

    I dont know much about the 2nd hand car market here at all to be honest.....did you buy from an auction in BKK for that price and did you get it for that money in the end if you dont mind me asking?

    Anyone else who has any tips on buying 2nd hand cars here also appreciated....

  16. #16
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    taladrod or kaidee good for real market pricing on cheaper cars.. One2Car is just tent dealers with over priced and often doctored cars..

    Thais flock to some brands (toyota etc) and ignore others (audi VW) which even if they dont end up actually cheap, still makes for some relative value. Protons often go cheap..

    what kind of money you thinking ?? And what you after ?? Just an econobox runabout ??

  17. #17
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    I payed 220k Baht for my Proton Gen2 2010 mod, it was spotless with service book and only 24k Km on the clock..... Done 10K Km with it now and it's been very good. Maybe it wont last as long as a Honda or a Toyota, but it's only half the price.
    I bought it in a car shop in Bangkok.
    LivinLOS likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    687
    Thanks for the replies will reply when back on pc

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    taladrod or kaidee good for real market pricing on cheaper cars.. One2Car is just tent dealers with over priced and often doctored cars..

    Thais flock to some brands (toyota etc) and ignore others (audi VW) which even if they dont end up actually cheap, still makes for some relative value. Protons often go cheap..

    what kind of money you thinking ?? And what you after ?? Just an econobox runabout ??
    For me right now am pretty unsure to be honest......but was thinking between 150k to 275k would be enough (hopefully) for something fairly recent and something like that one for 220k seems perfect!

    After having been saving up to be Jewish for many years now........parting with a lot of Queens Head is never easy either so quite price conscious also - basically the best I can get for the least money!!!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I payed 220k Baht for my Proton Gen2 2010 mod, it was spotless with service book and only 24k Km on the clock..... Done 10K Km with it now and it's been very good. Maybe it wont last as long as a Honda or a Toyota, but it's only half the price.
    I bought it in a car shop in Bangkok.
    To be honest anything like that is fine for me am not precious re make model etc, as long as runs ok and looks ok am happy - only slight concern is, is there any visa restriction on if you can buy a car on a certain visa etc. ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •