Thread: Southern Thailand

Southern Thailand

I am thinking of visiting some (beach) towns in November.
    Anybody any info about Kao Lak, Trang and Krabi?
    Things to see, restaurants, drinking places...

so I'll do a wee bit on Krabi for you Cappy....

The place to stay is in Ao Nang...it has the best nightlife, restaurants, facilities and hotels

There are two main bar areas..one on the main road coming into town and another down by the beach

The best local Thai style restaurants area along the beachfront in a cluster/pier styled walking street...the best ones face out to sea...maybe 20 to take your pick from

Plenty of choices in accommodation...I normally stay in bungalows but you may want to go a bit more upmarket than that

The speedboats go out into Phangna Bay each day...lots of great trips including the sea canoes through the caves, James Bond Island, Chicken Island etc etc....

you can also take a longtail from Ao Nang Pier around to Railey Beach and beyond...

Plenty to do for a few days and a good starting point if you want to head over to Lanta

Thanks Nelson.
    Interested in the landside as I've done Pang Nga bay with my old schoolmate who has a speedboat. Lunch normally in the beach club of the Dusit Rayavadee

How much time do you have.. as the best places are ones with a bit of delay and travel to get to.. Krabi islands like Koh Jum for the robinson Crusoe vibe or Lippe for the beach but with bars and development.

Of course Giers island always worth a hop for beach fix too.

And if you're heading down that way Khao Sok national park in Pang Nga is beautiful.......lakes, mountains, wildlife (still have wild tigers ans elephants) and ocean.
    Never been there myself as I'm a bit lazy for trekking and stuff, but seen pictures and it's fantastic.
    Last edited by geir; 26th July 2014 at 00:03.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!