Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Phuket-info.com domain name up for bid

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33

    Phuket-info.com domain name up for bid

    Phuket-info.com domain name up for bid on namejet.com. Looks like it won't be coming back. I was thinking about buying and trying to get it up and running again. However the current bid is $325, more than I wanted to invest.

    If someone with ties to the old forum is interested in giving it a try, check it out on name jet.com. There is two days left on the bid. Much of the old topics are available on archives.com..

    I'm not trying to devalue this forum. This was put up as a placeholder for the former. I'm just sharing some info with you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    I can't find it. Can you post the link?
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

  3. #3
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367
    The domain expiration date is 25/6/2015 but it is showing "Pending Renewal or Deletion" for all the contact details so I presume that the admin have failed to answer requests for updated details.

    The link to the auction is :-

    NameJet

    Domain Name: PHUKET-INFO.COM
    Registry Domain ID:
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Registrar URL: Website Design and Hosting | Domains | Website Builder | NetworkSolutions.com
    Updated Date: 2014-07-31T00:00:00Z
    Creation Date: 1999-06-25T00:00:00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-06-25T00:00:00Z
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Registrar IANA ID: 2
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@web.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8003337680
    Reseller:
    Domain Status: clientHold
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Pending Renewal or Deletion
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: 12808 Gran Bay Parkway West
    Registrant City: Jacksonville
    Registrant State/Province: FL
    Registrant Postal Code: 32258
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: 1.5707088786
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email:
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: Pending Renewal or Deletion
    phuket-info.com WHOIS domain registration information from Network Solutions

  4. #4
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,575
    It has been up forbid since the day it expired.
    Bidding has closed.

  5. #5
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    So just a tease?
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    So just a tease?

    Its not a tease. I paid $69 to place a minimum back order bid. It just opened up for auction. There are currently 6 bids. There are two for 325. It closes in 2 days 10 hours from now. I first contacted network solutions about a month ago when it was about to expire. Namejet is part of network solutions. I hope that someone with plans to bring it back, gets it. I was going to bid on it, but I'm not sure how former bm's would take it. Trying to profit on Nicks work and all.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    Actually 25 people just paid the $69 back order bid and are signed up to bid. Phatcat is the current high bidder.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    You are not the current high bidder. - Refresh
    High Bid: $325 USD by phatcat
    Time Left: 2d 19h 44m
    Type: Private Auction i
    Your Max Bid: $69 USD
    Bid History: 25 bid(s) from 25 bidder(s)
    Bidder Amount Date
    phatcat $325 7/22/2014 1:09 AM
    nickyc $325 7/28/2014 11:17 AM
    curtiswebdesigns $75 7/4/2014 6:22 PM
    kinnikuman $70 7/30/2014 2:03 AM
    thaidive $69 7/5/2014 3:13 PM
    dotbizking $69 7/23/2014 11:51 AM
    333333 $69 7/25/2014 10:23 AM
    bartsimpson $69 7/26/2014 7:50 PM
    homer $69 7/26/2014 7:59 PM
    anubhavit $69 7/27/2014 7:29 AM
    tigerman $69 7/28/2014 1:45 AM
    apro $69 7/29/2014 12:29 AM
    hengzhong $69 7/29/2014 9:19 AM
    squatterjoe $69 7/29/2014 7:50 PM
    suldan34 $69 7/30/2014 5:22 AM
    thebidar $69 7/30/2014 8:31 AM
    sking $69 7/30/2014 9:20 AM
    ziy1978 $69 7/30/2014 2:46 PM
    rockysmith $69 7/30/2014 5:53 PM
    aaaaaaaaaaa $69 7/30/2014 7:38 PM
    po3kj5dnf4b $69 7/30/2014 7:39 PM
    mat2012 $69 7/30/2014 7:40 PM
    tttt $69 7/30/2014 7:41 PM
    deeppocket $69 7/30/2014 7:49 PM
    fronttoback $69 7/30/2014 7:58 PM

  9. #9
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,575
    The listing on NameJet has changed from Domain Auction to Wishlist/Backorder.
    When I looked 3 days ago it stated 1d 2h remaining, meaning that the auction is over, one would think.
    NameJet does explain Backorder:

    What is the difference between a Backorder request and a Domain auction?A Backorder request is an expression of interest for a domain name. By placing a Backorder request, a customer has placed a commitment to participate in an auction and pay at least their Backorder bid amount if the domain becomes available and the backorder meets the listed minimum bid amount. The customer has the option of retracting a Backorder request until the published deadline and time posted, if the backorder bid was at the minimum bid amount. Placing a Backorder request for a domain name will result in a private auction between all parties who backordered a specific domain meeting the minimum bid requirements, when the domain becomes available on our site. If there is only one Backorder request for a domain, the domain will be fulfilled at the Backorder price if it meets the minimum bid. If there are multiple Backorder requests at or above the minimum bid amount, a 3-day domain auction will be held for registration rights to the domain.

  10. #10
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    The listing on NameJet has changed from Domain Auction to Wishlist/Backorder.
    When I looked 3 days ago it stated 1d 2h remaining, meaning that the auction is over, one would think.
    NameJet does explain Backorder:

    What is the difference between a Backorder request and a Domain auction?A Backorder request is an expression of interest for a domain name. By placing a Backorder request, a customer has placed a commitment to participate in an auction and pay at least their Backorder bid amount if the domain becomes available and the backorder meets the listed minimum bid amount. The customer has the option of retracting a Backorder request until the published deadline and time posted, if the backorder bid was at the minimum bid amount. Placing a Backorder request for a domain name will result in a private auction between all parties who backordered a specific domain meeting the minimum bid requirements, when the domain becomes available on our site. If there is only one Backorder request for a domain, the domain will be fulfilled at the Backorder price if it meets the minimum bid. If there are multiple Backorder requests at or above the minimum bid amount, a 3-day domain auction will be held for registration rights to the domain.
    So just a tease?
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

  11. #11
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,575
    If Phuket-Info.com is up for auction, then so is Asia-info.co
    The two "Auctions" look identical in presentation to me
    NameJet_Phuket-Info.jpg NameJet_Asia-Info.jpg

    Now we are at it, bit on IBM.com starting at $69.
    Current High Bid is $1,000 ... go for it.
    NameJet_IBM.jpg
    Last edited by MrDK; 1st August 2014 at 09:10.

  12. #12
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Looking at standard NetSol policies, the domain would leave the grace redemption period around 30th July. Seems it can then either expire, or they can pass it to NameJet for auctioning (always hated that type of policy, but ho-hum..)

  13. #13
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Looking at standard NetSol policies, the domain would leave the grace redemption period around 30th July. Seems it can then either expire, or they can pass it to NameJet for auctioning (always hated that type of policy, but ho-hum..)
    It has been on auction for quite some time already (I guess 30 days) and it did not use "Wishlist" during that time.
    Whether it was a "real" auction I do not know.

  14. #14
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    It has been on auction for quite some time already (I guess 30 days) and it did not use "Wishlist" during that time.
    Whether it was a "real" auction I do not know.
    In theory they can't auction until at least 35 days past expire - that would be a backorder before then. My guess they just want to take orders ASAP like all businesses.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,385
    Just my opinion but it would be nice for this forum to acquire the name and maybe be able to include some more or all of the historical content from the old forum...can you tell I know fcuck all about this shit
    soupdragon and dan boy like this.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    While I understand the desire.. it opens up a whole can of worms on the moral side of adopting the content.

    I simply don't care enough about the site to want to cross that line.
    dawsey likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    Just out of curiousity why would you want to buy it? It's been out of action for 18 months and most of its regular posters are here. I don't think buying the domain name will get you access to the archive material.

  18. #18
    Senior Member NeedHoliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,105
    Their may be a small amount of SEO stuff still clinging to the domain, but being so long ago and without the old content I can't see it being worth it?

  19. #19
    Super Moderator LivinLOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,153
    Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Maybe would be good as domain forwarder to this forum ...
    Again, maybe, potentially.. But I really dont want to get myself involved in it..

    This forum happened out of necessity at the time.. And I feel that every possible action was taken in an honorable way, if we could have rescued PI back then all the better.. But thats not how it worked out. Any kind of appropriation of any content, SEO hangover, even old links etc.. Simply opens a moral can of worms I dont want to be involved in.

    I may not have many morals.. But the ones I do have I stick to..

  20. #20
    Senior Member kris-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,803
    All the info is over 18 months old now. Way out of date especially considering the changes of late. Sure, some nostalgia value but IMO not worth it for that alone.




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •