Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good Food at 7/11

Good Food at 7/11

Look, I like 7/11, great little stores everywhere. Not much of a fan of Family Mart, but I digress.

They do have some good stuff there, okay I agree it's not Villa Market or some fresh outdoor market, but why not have a thread about good stuff to buy there. (healthy, not entirely sure)

Recently they started selling corn on the cob in individual wrapped packs. Microwave for 3 mins, add salt, actually very good! They also have a cup of corn that they sell in the fresh cooler too, but it is a little bit sugary or something, still not too bad.

I like the Dole apple slices, healthy and perfect for grabbing during the day instead of a pack of crisps. I think I saw Pineapple slices once, or green apple slices but I haven't see that lately. They also started selling individually wrapped bananas, good idea.

The 0% Meiji coconut yoghurt is pretty good, I usually mix it with a chocolate protein shake power, ice and blend it (not sure how healthy that is, but it is good!).

Milk, well, I have to say I have a very strong preference for the Meiji brand, the other brand Old Dutch (?) always tastes a bit off to me. I wish they had 2% milk though, I only usually see Skim (i forget if it is the white top or the turquoise top), or Whole (dark blue top).

Anyway, a slow day here I guess, but since I just got back from 7/11 and I have noticed they are getting some new products in (at least at my local!) and that it is getting convenient to get a few healthier things there!

i used to like their pastries/pies that are in the spinning warmer thingy....in particular the meat and the pineapple ones...however I have pretty much taken all processed food out my diet since the start of the year so Sevens are off my radar

Tesco here (Lamai/Samui) is open from 7am-10pm (not quite 7/11....555) so between there and the local talat (fresh food market) I am pretty well covered

A 7/11 diet has to be a young guy's diet, don't think I could process that stuff anymore. Much the same as Nels, I've stripped out almost all processed foods so all the post-pub treats are gone.

I do like those yoghurty drinks though, the orange one is the best and they seem to settle my stomach quite nicely after a night on the beer. Two thumbs up for those

A warm ham and cheese sandwich (or two) does it for me.

I just discovered it this past May. Walking down Walking Street early morning I was getting sick of the street food. Loved the fast bake 7-11 meals. Faster than the food cart, cleaner, tastes good (IMO), and you wait in a frosty 7-11 store while it cooks.

It is my new regular early morning food stop for now onward!

When on bike trips, I've eaten more 7-11 meals than I could count. I like seeing the 7-11 sign come up (better if it's PTT station w/ 7-11 cuz they have clean bathrooms) when I'm riding and want something to eat because although it may not be entirely healthy, I'm confident it wont make me sick later. I get some microwave chicken parts or a chicken sandwich, a small bag of chips/crisps and a coke zero and I'm good to go until dinner. It's very quick as well, so a 20 minute break and I'm back on the bike headed for wherever I wanted to make it to by the end of the sun.

That said, I pretty much only eat there on bike trips.

The only thing I ever eat from 7/11 is the small croissants with ham and cheese. Burgers, sausages and the other fast food meat products are shit IMO.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post

I do like those yoghurty drinks though, the orange one is the best and they seem to settle my stomach quite nicely after a night on the beer. Two thumbs up for those
    I'm a fan of those too. They have a big plastic bottle and a small one.

I quite often buy the packets of chilled sliced ham from 7/11 to make sandwiches later, but why do the shop assistants sometimes ask if I want it warmed up in the microwave ?

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    I'm a fan of those too. They have a big plastic bottle and a small one.
    Attachment 3345

These boys?
    Great for a light breakfast or to line the stomach before a session.

^ Those are good too.

This is the stuff I'm thinking off... More probiotic.

2014-drink1.jpg

Betagen - Betagen Drinking Yogurt

I see it's marked at 24bt in this pic. Sounds about right for the big bottle. I always have a few in the fridge in los.

Those are horrible.......full of conservatives and sugar
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

^^ but they taste good 555
    geir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slimbag View Post
    ^^ but they taste good 555
    ...and can't be any worse for me than the shed load of beer I drunk the night before

Those are horrible.......full of conservatives and sugar

full of liberals too
    Steve@thaib and K2 like this.

7-11's green curry and rice is pretty good - the one in a double tub. Shrimp wonton soup and gyoza packs are good too!

As WP says, low-risk traveler snack food.
    nelsonone likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

^ agree on these...also their fried rice....+ the servers will microwave them for you at the check-out...and you're good to go...small thai style servings but also small thai style prices to go with that

I don't really like anything in 7/11 and yet I always end up there at 3am trying to remember what the least worst flavour of crisps is.
    Steve@thaib likes this.

K2
    7-11 good for when your in some Nakorn-nowhere hick-ville town and you dont want food poisoning from the local shite! [Otherwise gourmet delights are unlikely!]
    geir, Steve@thaib and Tarzan like this.
    Its My Life .....!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast