Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By K2

Thread: SorPorGor land titles news

SorPorGor land titles news

All people with SorPorGor land (government farmer land) have now got a letter from the SorPorGor office that they are allowed to sell/give away SorPor Gor land and also do commercial business on the land. They have to register with Sor Por Gor office and will be taxed by them.
    As far as I understand the reason behind this is that no one can make a living from small farms anymore and that's why they open up for commercial side businesses.
    This is great news for us, and since we have kept most of the cashew nut trees on our land, the guesthouse can be looked at as a side business.

I'm always sceptical to new rules/laws and won't be the first to sign up, but it for sure looks good. My worries is that it's a way to track all commercial businesses on farmer land, for then to make it easier to do a clamp down on it later on.....(Or maybe I've just red to much from the doom and gloom guys).
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

You will remember there was a similar scheme 2 or so years ago for upgrading residential land on Phuket to full chanote.
    The process stalled there at Phuket Land Office unless you paid extra under the table, which we refused to do.
    I just heard on the bamboo telegraph that the Army are going through the PLO like a dose of salts, demanding to know why the small holdings have not been processed for years while villas on dubious titles and perhaps above height limits have been processed within weeks.

So it's not just the poor beach vendors who will be looking for a new job soon.555!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Well it's not a fake change of land titles, it will more be SorPorGor that will allow business on a part of the land and new owners (like me, ehrm my wife) will get a lifetime contract with SorPor Gor office. If we sell, the buyer have to do similar contract with SorPorGor.

A big meeting for this province will come soon......
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

K2
    Nice to hear Geir - your vision for KP paying off - well deserved for enduring drinking all those Leo's and suffering so many assholes!
    Its My Life .....!