Thread: Etihad prices dropped

Etihad prices dropped

Cheap Flights - Compare Airline Tickets with Skyscanner.com

some good deals just come up.

How about a section for flights and hotels Sef?

Saveflights.com are also a very good company if you are looking for flights from Thailand.

If you dont mind a no frills long flight aerosovit have some very good deals,especially for one way flights

Prices are down with most airlines in the last few weeks. I'm looking at September and crossing my fingers they stay that way til I finalise my plans and book the flights.

Skyscanner links to online travel agents mostly, I'm usualy wary of booking through an agency I've not heard of before in case they go bust or something goes wrong. Are there any particularly to avoid? ..or that you'd recommend?

I used to use Trailfinders and they were always very good. These days I book on the Emirates website, nobody can beat them and the schedule works for me.

Cheers Steve I've never used them before. Looks like they've got offers around the dates I'm looking at too.

I don't know if this is already widely known but I just looked up some info on travel agencies so this might be helpful to anyone not already aware of it:

If you booked flights or a package holiday that involved flights through a travel agent it should be protected through the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing Scheme (ATOL).
    The agent should have given you an ATOL Receipt when you paid. This receipt should give you:

• the name of the ATOL holder they have booked you with
    • its ATOL number
    • your holiday arrangements
    • and the booking reference.

Once youíve been given this receipt the ATOL holder must honour your booking even if the agent goes out of business. Itís very important to keep your ATOL Receipt as it will help you contact the ATOL holder and locate your booking.
    The CAA runs the ATOL scheme. For more details, go to: www.caa.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I used to use Trailfinders and they were always very good. These days I book on the Emirates website, nobody can beat them and the schedule works for me.
    Emirates are my preferred airline but I could not even get a quote from them for Man - BKK for Jan. Prices had been £700ish, so when etihad came up at sub £550, I booked it.

What I meant was that no agent seems to be able to beat the price I can get by booking with Emirates direct. They are nearly always the best price for me as well, but that's a different question.

On the subject of KLM. I used to use them fairly regular but they changed their T&Cs a couple of trips back and now there is no flex in the dates. When I missed my flight, my own stupid fault, that would have been a full price one-way ticket with KLM. With Emirates it wa a £75 date change.

I'm paying £550 or thereabouts when I fly peasant class in October and have done for the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgezza View Post
    Emirates are my preferred airline but I could not even get a quote from them for Man - BKK for Jan. Prices had been £700ish, so when etihad came up at sub £550, I booked it.
    £550 looks like a good price for January. How do Etihad compare to Emirates out of Manchester?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    £550 looks like a good price for January. How do Etihad compare to Emirates out of Manchester?
    Emirates have more choice of flights. however I like the evening take-off, so the Etihad flight I booked is fine as it is 20:00 wheels up. Stopover is 3.5 hrs there and 4 hours back, happy to pay the £20 for the lounge service each way. If i could have got an emirates flight for under £600, I would have booked it. Not much in it as far as service goes between the two, I prefer both to qatar.

I got an emirates flight for £537 for Oct. 30th, 6 week stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgezza View Post

I got an emirates flight for £537 for Oct. 30th, 6 week stay.
    That looks about right price wise. We will miss by a week or so dates wise, I will be home by 30th.