Thread: Resort/Hotel in Patong

Resort/Hotel in Patong

Are there anf big resorts/hotels in patong that do not charge a joiner fee?

This is one of those questions that always seems to draw a 'you're talking bollox' response when people post their own experiences. So, my own experience ( at the risk of being told I'm talking bollox ) is that the Salathai is very friendly towards overnight rooms guests and is a very nice hotel; I highly recommend that one although I'm not sure what you would think of as 'big'.

Poppa Palace, a decent sized hotel, tried it on with the joiner fee but backed down when the error of their ways was pointed out. So Poppa Palace is guest friendly-ish.

The Nap Patong, on the other hand, is a very nice hotel and they do charge a hefty joiner fee; 1500baht if memory serves.

I think all the major restort type hotels , Holiday Inn , Amari charge a JF

I would echo the reccomendation for the Salathai , nice rooms and pool , fantastic staff , great restaurant , perfect location
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I think all the major restort type hotels , Holiday Inn , Amari charge a JF

I would echo the reccomendation for the Salathai , nice rooms and pool , fantastic staff , great restaurant , perfect location
    Wow, consensus on a hotel question. It is still early ( ouch! ) though, plenty of time for an argument yet...