Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Russian Tourists Declining in Phuket

Russian Tourists Declining in Phuket

Found this quite interesting from the Phuket News…

Phuket: Russian tourist numbers falling, Kbank warns

BANGKOK: Kasikorn Research Centre estimates tourist arrivals from Russia will decline by 5.5 per cent to 1.65 million trips by year-end, which will seriously challenge Thailand’s tourism sector.

I would have thought this is as a result of a weakened rouble and economy in part due to sanctions combined with now Thailand under military rule than the Ruskis getting fed up with the place (or vice-versa ?!)

Also interesting to see how anti-Russian so many people seem to be in Phuket

Sorry but the vid lost me at the commercials....but the graph look perfect for any nationality according to hi-lo seasons.

BTW, was that dodger? 55
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Sorry I'm with most people who commented on that - most Russians are just plain rude, for whatever reason it may be.

Also these Phuket News TV stories are god damn awfully produced, I don't think I've seen one that hasn't made me cringe.

Bah hate Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Sorry I'm with most people who commented on that - most Russians are just plain rude, for whatever reason it may be.

Also these Phuket News TV stories are god damn awfully produced, I don't think I've seen one that hasn't made me cringe.

Bah hate Mondays
    The ads are a real pain in the a**e as well. Link to the main article

Phuket: Russian tourist numbers falling, Kbank warns

Hopefully there will be a reshuffle in the wardrobe department after this latest fashion disaster as well !!

Bah hate Mondays
    Surrounded by them here in Phratamnak, but cant day they bother me much. I like the way they keep themselves to themselves

Indians, Arabs and Chinese are the top of my list of undesirable tourists, albeit at the end of the day it seems to me Thailand seems more interested in low spend with high visitor numbers

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Sorry but the vid lost me at the commercials....but the graph look perfect for any nationality according to hi-lo seasons.

BTW, was that dodger? 55
    My opinion formed from talking to Russian guests, the military coup had some affect, the Ukranian situation was more the cause, the uncertainty of going to war. It affected enquiries for a month from all countries especially Australia, the graph for that country I think would be even more on the decline. Happening end of May it killed the last minute low season travellers, which are mainly Russians and Australians.

We went from 50 to 60 enquiries a day to 3 or 4, that much different. However within a month numbers of enquiries were back to normal, but for later in the year bookings, this low season was missed by many.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

I get pissed off at any nationality of any sex who feels it is their God/Buddha/Putin given right to push me aside to jump the queue.
    That certainly includes Russians.
    They get a quick tap on the lower shin with the stick with a hint of more to come plus directions to the "fah queue".
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    I get pissed off at any nationality of any sex who feels it is their God/Buddha/Putin given right to push me aside to jump the queue.
    That certainly includes Russians.
    They get a quick tap on the lower shin with the stick with a hint of more to come plus directions to the "fah queue".
    We found the Europeans(mostly Italian) so rude with queue jumping when we were in Monterey in San Fran last week
    They act like they don't know the deal when they fully do............then get rude when you politely tell them
    Homer likes this.

Russian tourists are hell bent on spoiling international travel for everyone else on this planet.

Put that in your news bulletin Mr Bawbag.

^^^ Was that Bawbag - or Ballbag - 555

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    ^^^ Was that Bawbag - or Ballbag - 555
    You were right the first time mate.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    We found the Europeans(mostly Italian) so rude with queue jumping when we were in Monterey in San Fran last week
    They act like they don't know the deal when they fully do............then get rude when you politely tell them
    Was and still is my number one irritation when I visit Thailand. Is also one of the reasons I now go to Vietnam instead (mostly).

Australians are becoming - or have become terrible "bogan" tourists but still have nothing on Europeans.
    To qualify that, there is only a small section of Australian tourists that are like that (although they are so bad it looks like there are many more), compared to the same cross section from the continent.

If you want a perfect place to qualify that, stay Cancun in Mexico and then Playa del Carmen. Almost identical towns only a short distance apart.

One town has a few yobbo bogans, the other town is almost full of insufferable rude bores....and I'm convinced they have absolutely no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Was and still is my number one irritation when I visit Thailand. Is also one of the reasons I now go to Vietnam instead (mostly).

Australians are becoming - or have become terrible "bogan" tourists but still have nothing on Europeans.
    To qualify that, there is only a small section of Australian tourists that are like that (although they are so bad it looks like there are many more), compared to the same cross section from the continent.

If you want a perfect place to qualify that, stay Cancun in Mexico and then Playa del Carmen. Almost identical towns only a short distance apart.

One town has a few yobbo bogans, the other town is almost full of insufferable rude bores....and I'm convinced they have absolutely no idea...
    I went to Cancun when i was 19yrs old and knew even then it was a crap place

I went to Cancun when i was 19yrs old and knew even then it was a crap place
    Ha! You went to Cancun at 19 and didn't get laid?? Awesome and sad at the same time. 555
    Evilbaz likes this.

Ha! You went to Cancun at 19 and didn't get laid?? Awesome and sad at the same time. 555
    Who said that?
    You can get laid in a flea motel and still realize it is a crap place

PTG
    Playa Del Carmen, insufferable rude bores? Who, the Russians, Canadians, Americans, Euros or South Americans?

Who said that?
    You can get laid in a flea motel and still realize it is a crap place
    Was it all the funny noises coming out of the locals mouths? 555
    Maybe your boston ghetto had more beaches and bitches than mine did in Broderick, but I first went to Cancun at 24 and nearly had coronary from happiness! 555
    I went home and dumped the GF, and was back within 4 days! 55

Quote Originally Posted by PTG View Post
    Playa Del Carmen, insufferable rude bores? Who, the Russians, Canadians, Americans, Euros or South Americans?
    They import French waiters.....

Sorry but the vid lost me at the commercials....
    It lost me at the colour of the guy's pants.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast