Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Interesting piece on Nana Plaza..

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    No one has touched on the moral side of it
    Fuck the moral side.

There. Now it's been addressed.
    LivinLOS, Geespot, Pablo and 3 others like this.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Fuck the moral side.
    Then roll em over and fuck the immoral side..
    Dkdude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    For sure.. As most asian P4P is designed to cater to locals, and most locals dont want to advertise themselves going to P4P places..

Theres some Thai language forums devoted to places around CNX, theres loads of them, new ones opening every week, closing etc.. And yet so often you could drive past and not even a hint from the outside.. Social media is a huge change for this as they can advertise their location, then whose working that day, and still keep the places location low key and their girls faces off. To see a well done use of that add mossahuespa on line.. Daily line ups, etc etc etc.. They have moved the browsing to digital.. Theres a bunch of these outside the city in villas and the like so you are able to arrive, park out of the way, some even have food and a bar, but totally shielded and not for a casual passer by to be aware of in any way.

Again digital word of mouth having an effect on this.
    Farcical face thing absolutely everyone in Thailand knows the extent of Thai style P4P and my guess a huge % of the male population are into it

Thailand must be one of the most visited countries by tourists I'm not sure the tourist p4p scene is having any real damage to how 'the country moves on or takes the next step'

Then roll em over and fuck the immoral side..
    Thats 500 baht extra.
    Dkdude likes this.

K2
    Theres some Thai language forums devoted to places around CNX, theres loads of them, new ones opening every week, closing etc..
    Reason to learn Thai (properly) #1 eh?! ... 5555555
    Waharoa likes this.
    Its My Life .....!

There's no reason to learn Thai whatsoever.

I'd do it if I had serious, long term business prospects there. I wouldn't even bother if I was just living there. I'd be one of those immigrants whose been living in a country for 20 years and still doesnt speak the language. 5555

I'd rather spend time to at least learn German, or French or even Russian. Just to be able to read all the classics in their original languages. Thai. What a waste of time.

Sure there is! You learn it, but don't tell anyone. Then when the girls are talking about how much to fleece you, just pretend you silly falang!

Having lived so much outside my own culture, I had considered some Thai classes. Then the she-wok, who has lived in Thailand all her life, had difficulty being understood* at times... both in Phuket and in Chiang Mai. Hell, if a native cant be understood at times, I figure I got no chance.

Learning anything beyond the basic greetings went out the door for me at that point. Not saying I wont ever look in to it more, just that I didnt have need of a Ed Visa at that point. Maybe if someday I find myself in a situation where an Ed Visa would be handy, I'll look into it more. Doubtful tho. As Bacon rightly says, it's pretty much a useless language outside of it's home country.

*footnote; she'd be fine in Isaan or Bangkok, but cant communicate well enough in South Thai or Lanna Thai.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 2nd October 2014 at 15:53.
    Evilbaz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Farcical face thing absolutely everyone in Thailand knows the extent of Thai style P4P and my guess a huge % of the male population are into it

Thailand must be one of the most visited countries by tourists I'm not sure the tourist p4p scene is having any real damage to how 'the country moves on or takes the next step'
    Would you like to make a bet Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy won't be there in 10 years?

Hell, just look at the industry now, it is getting smaller and smaller in those places year by year

And your point on tourism in Thailand only supports my theory
    The ratio of regular tourists over sex tourism as widened.
    Sex tourism was something they needed and put up with and now with so much widespread tourism to the country, they don't need the sex tourism as much

I mean, what country wants to be known for sex tourism? None

I'd do it if I had serious, long term business prospects there. I wouldn't even bother if I was just living there. I'd be one of those immigrants whose been living in a country for 20 years and still doesnt speak the language. 5555

I'd rather spend time to at least learn German, or French or even Russian. Just to be able to read all the classics in their original languages. Thai. What a waste of time.
    If someone lives in a country and chooses not to leant the language, at least enough to get by.......it may be one of the most ignorant things someone can do.
    Just moronic really

If someone lives in a country and chooses not to leant the language, at least enough to get by.......it may be one of the most ignorant things someone can do.
    Just moronic really
    How's your French ?
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    How's your French ?
    5555555 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    How's your French ?
    I've not heard one word of French spoken in Vancouver( or in Victoria, Calgary, Winnepeg, Ottowa, Toronto) in 9+ years living in Canada
    I can communicate with 90% of the people living in Canada

I've not heard one word of French spoken in Vancouver( or in Victoria, Calgary, Winnepeg, Ottowa, Toronto) in 9+ years living in Canada
    I can communicate with 90% of the people living in Canada
    Few days ago couple guys were yammering at each other in french when I walked in.... I just said English please .... which they did

Would you like to make a bet Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy won't be there in 10 years?

Hell, just look at the industry now, it is getting smaller and smaller in those places year by year

And your point on tourism in Thailand only supports my theory
    The ratio of regular tourists over sex tourism as widened.
    Sex tourism was something they needed and put up with and now with so much widespread tourism to the country, they don't need the sex tourism as much

I mean, what country wants to be known for sex tourism? None
    Yes i will take that bet

Nana area is alot bigger now than say 2003. Loads new bars on Soi 4 alone, more low level boutique hotels. Other Soi's the same story; lots of redevelopment with hotels bars and restaurants. Soi 11 10 years ago had nothing like the choice of bars and clubs like there is now and I can tell you every single one of those places has BG's and FL's in them. Soi 13, 15, 10 23, 24, 20, 22 (hell even the new Holiday Inn on 22 has a disco full of FL's) i could go on and on about how entertainments is developing around the 2 main focal points of Nana and Cowboy..................In 10 years time I believe they will be happily sitting there like it is now with main stream tourism

Thong Lor & Ekamai, even 5 years ago there wasn't much up there compared to now. This is happily frequented by massage shops, bars, restaurants, FL's kicking about in clubs, Thai guys with their giks (deffo hookers) (I just saw 2 Rainbow 2 girls in a hi so bar drinking the other day) etc etc etc

As I said before I think the dynamic and the black and white lines are becoming gray

The only area that doesnt seem to have the level of interest and investment is Patpong, but who knows what might be done with that in the future

From our perspective maybe the prudish victorian era is vanishing as less people actively pursue Christianity but from an Asia and Thai buddhist perspective I dont think it has ever been a big deal
    Last edited by Geespot; 5th October 2014 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Yes i will take that bet

Nana area is alot bigger now than say 2003. Loads new bars on Soi 4 alone, more low level boutique hotels. Other Soi's the same story; lots of redevelopment with hotels bars and restaurants. Soi 11 10 years ago had nothing like the choice of bars and clubs like there is now and I can tell you every single one of those places has BG's and FL's in them. Soi 13, 15, 10 23, 24, 20, 22 (hell even the new Holiday Inn on 22 has a disco full of FL's) i could go on and on about how entertainments is developing around the 2 main focal points of Nana and Cowboy..................In 10 years time I believe they will be happily sitting there like it is now with main stream tourism

Thong Lor & Ekamai, even 5 years ago there wasn't much up there compared to now. This is happily frequented by massage shops, bars, restaurants, FL's kicking about in clubs, Thai guys with their giks (deffo hookers) (I just saw 2 Rainbow 2 girls in a hi so bar drinking the other day) etc etc etc

As I said before I think the dynamic and the black and white lines are becoming gray

The only area that doesnt seem to have the level of interest and investment is Patpong, but who knows what might be done with that in the future

From our perspective maybe the prudish victorian era is vanishing as less people actively pursue Christianity but from an Asia and Thai buddhist perspective I dont think it has ever been a big deal
    But again, I think all that you say is supporting my point.
    They now have the support of a different demographic that they can get away with the blurred lines like Soi 11 that they dont need the in your face places

But again, I think all that you say is supporting my point.
    They now have the support of a different demographic that they can get away with the blurred lines like Soi 11 that they dont need the in your face places
    I don't really get it

The most in your face places are beer bars where u can see whats going on inside

Ago go's you cannot see what is going on, likewise with massages and G Clubs (fancy ago go's with rooms) Even on the Thai side of the equation in BKK you have Ratchada, Rama 9, Saphan Kwai, all with bright lights etc

If you go along 3rd road in Pattaya its awash with 'in your face karaokes' for mainly Thai's

I just think mainstream tourists are learning to live and accept the in your face, I don't see any of it reducing in my eyes

You know what might change it.. Changing relative wealth..

I was chatting to a guy the other day.. he was resident around Patts for a long while but had been away for a year or so, knows the score, etc etc etc.. He was relating a story of being in whats up, smoking hot girl, a place he knew and used to often take girls from, she straight faced asked him for 10k for LT.. He laughed that one right out but the next offer was 7k.. Anyway.. He said he didnt know why, but he eventually got pushed up to 4k and was almost close to bar fining at that (I am guessing its a grand BF in there ?) and just at the last moment she said to him "Oh so you know, cannot boom boom.. Have mens".. LOL.. OK 4k to cuddle is it ??

Now OK so thats a pretty extreme example, and there are still great girls, eager to please, and good fun to be around IMO.. But the days of it being cheap to do a couple weeks bar hopping and bed hopping is not looking that way.. If that trend continues, theres a tipping point where Thailand will not have the mongering appeal it did. Thats not here now, and it may not be in 5 or even 10 years, but things change faster than you expect sometimes.

I haven't noticed much change in what BGs are wanting on my recent trips to Patts. If anything due to lack of customers there has been more choice... especially on two recent trips in June/July... but even last December there was still the same amount of choice as I have ever remembered? It doesn't feel that much different to when I first started visiting in 2006? At least not in the bars...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I haven't noticed much change in what BGs are wanting on my recent trips to Patts. If anything due to lack of customers there has been more choice... especially on two recent trips in June/July... but even last December there was still the same amount of choice as I have ever remembered? It doesn't feel that much different to when I first started visiting in 2006? At least not in the bars...

1500 baht bar fines.. I sure as hell noticed that !!
    WarProfiteer likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast