Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soupdragon

Thread: Proposed Visa changes.. Some positives.

Proposed Visa changes.. Some positives.

Cant quite work out what is proposed or what is finalized and to be implemented..

The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking has proposed amendments including the separation of work permit regulations for unskilled migrant workers and foreign investors, in order to provide more support for investors, the report said.

Kalin Sarasin, secretary-general of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, told The Nation that a meeting between the interior minister, the Labour Ministry, the Immigration Bureau, the Foreign Ministry, the Tourism Authority of Thailand and other parties was held last month.

This has already led to some changes, he said, including an improved procedure for work permit applications and an online option for 90-day reporting. However, to the best of our knowledge at CityNews, the latter has yet to be implemented and no timeframe has been set for it.

Entrepreneurs who wish to visit Thailand for a meeting or exhibition will no longer need a work permit, foreign teachers can now apply for a maximum two-year visa, and those visiting to receive medical treatment will be granted a permit to stay for 60 to 90 days, with an extension possible, the report said.

Ferk thought you were posting something positive!!!5555

Well on the bright side your post was I suppose neutral, so a step in the right direction???55555555

Think you are right it seemed hard to understand what was being done, proposed or actually in force now? bit I liked was possibly on line 90 day reporting, if this happened I'd definitely employ a couple more Thais and not visa run!!!
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Agree.. Theres no reason at why 90 day reporting cant be online and do exactly the same yet save everyone, the immigration officers too, a huge workload.

However since I have started doing postal reporting.. Its a low hassle option that way. Dont know why I was so lazy to sort it out for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Theres no reason at why 90 day reporting cant be online and do exactly the same yet save everyone, the immigration officers too, a huge workload.
    Since Patong Immigration office reopened I have been there twice and both times it was in and out in minutes. However the last time, at the whim of the boss, there it now cost 100 Baht.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Since Patong Immigration office reopened I have been there twice and both times it was in and out in minutes. However the last time, at the whim of the boss, there it now cost 100 Baht.
    For a report ???

Thats a piss take..

For a report ???

Thats a piss take..
    Yes for 90 day report. They just started doing it, the first time I went there was no charge. The girl doing the paperwork was very apologetic and said her boss made her charge the 100.

ask for a receipt..

They cant exactly refuse you the report.. The receipt would be social media gold.

I report next month - will try and remember to ask for a receipt if they charge me.

ask for a receipt..

They cant exactly refuse you the report.. The receipt would be social media gold.
    I am not brave/stupid enough to stick my head that far above the parapet for the sake of exposing a 100 baht corrupt payment (assuming the receipt would have to have a name on it to prove it was valid).

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    I am not brave/stupid enough to stick my head that far above the parapet for the sake of exposing a 100 baht corrupt payment (assuming the receipt would have to have a name on it to prove it was valid).
    Blur the name..

I wouldnt suggest taking a risk.. but I love the way social media is starting to change the risk reward fro them.. theres thai groups on facebook doing just this every time a local government ask for 'fragrant grease'..

Google glass is going to blow this wide open.. A total revolution in citizen policing of authority.

I can categorically say that there is no fee for this service, chief of the Phuket Immigration Office Col Sunchai Chokkajaykij
    I can catergorically say you are a bare faced liar.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Aha, so the residence certificate is free.. Didnt know that.. I must have got at least a dozen over the years. Paid every time. Last one only a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
    Aha, so the residence certificate is free.. Didnt know that.. I must have got at least a dozen over the years. Paid every time. Last one only a few weeks ago.
    I believe it is up to the offices discretion but hes claiming it is free when they do charge.

CNX for a while wasnt giving them at all, and other times would only give them to long stay non imm holders, telling all others get an embassy letter. Currently I think they are 500 here.

I find the paying for 90 day reporting more insulting. What happens when you do a postal one ?? Put the bribe in cash inside ??