Thread: Where to go the next

Where to go the next

I am staying in Pattaya for another five days, and after that I need some places to go (by scooter) before going to Phuket in the middle of November. I plan to go to Ayutthay for the first time. Anything else interesting north / north-west of Bangkok? I am not interested in the bridge over the river Kwai.

Any suggestions where else to go between Pattaya - Ayutthay - Phuket? I have been driving down south from Bangkok before, so I think I have seen most of the interesting places from Bangkok on (over Samut Songkram, Phetchaburi etc.).
    Last edited by Greatdane; 13th October 2014 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    I am staying in Pattaya for another five days, and after that I need some places to go (by scooter) before going to Phuket in the middle of November. I plan to go to Ayutthay for the first time. Anything else interesting north / north-west of Bangkok? I am not interested in the bridge over the river Kwai.

Any suggestions where else to go between Pattaya - Ayutthay - Phuket? I have been driving down south from Bangkok, so I think I have seen most of the interesting places from Bangkok on (over Samut Songkram, Phetchaburi etc.).
    Why don't you head down the other way at 1st, Rayong and that area?

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Why don't you head down the other way at 1st, Rayong and that area?
    I started by going to Chonburi to the annual bull race and then down to Koh Chang (very empty out of season), now I am working my way back north before crossing over to go south again on the other side.

Ayutthaya is a must-see so I think going there is already a great idea! However, Pathumthani has a lot of attractions too so you might consider it as well.

Do Ayutthaya first, but then later do Sukothai... it's so much nicer than Ayutthaya imo.

You guys is a bit late, I am leaving Auytthaya in an hour, 555

I think it will be too far north for this time, going to Koh Lanta and Ao Nang instead. I will put Sukothai on my map for next time, thanks.

I like Krabi.. Found Lanta a bit too boring and muslim.. Tried 2 or 3 times but never really had a great time there.. Lippe more fun for me.

Tho those are 5 year old impressions at least.

If you go to Ayuthaya, visit also the nearby Royal Palace at Pan Pa In

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I like Krabi.. Found Lanta a bit too boring and muslim.. Tried 2 or 3 times but never really had a great time there.. Lippe more fun for me.

Tho those are 5 year old impressions at least.
    Thanks for the warning. I was about to book for a week or so at Koh Lanta, but I think 3 days will do then.

Captain, I left Ayuthaya this morning, so that will have to wait for another time. I did visit the old royal palace though, although it have seen better days.