Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: Chiang Mai new flights BKK air

Chiang Mai new flights BKK air

Bangkok Airways Launches Four New Flights From Chiang Mai

The CNX to Phuket and Udon are not so interesting, those are already served by Nok and Air Asia.. But the Mandalay and Yangon ones potentially are.
    K2 likes this.

Having more options is always better. Has anyone here done a weekend in Yangoon? Was it worth it? As in, enough things to see and do that it felt worth the effort & expense of going?

While I havent, Kev has threads and info...

If going tho I would want a bit more than a weekend.

K2
    As long as your not going to Yangon in high hopes of nightlife, then a weekend is enough to see the major sights. Mandalay - more especially the nearby sights is probably warrants a bit more time.
    Its My Life .....!

I hate the move Thai Airways made.
    It is crazy with using both airports in BKK.
    If you need connecting domestic flights there are not many choices.

I havent had any problems connecting from Intl to Domestic using both Thai and BKK Air.

Thanks for the blurb Kev & Sef... Yangoon's just a thought as I like taking the she-wok out of her environment so she sees something other than Thailand sometimes. She still talks about our Malaysia trips and how everything semed so "different". Sadly the Thai passpost isnt very good for traveling to many places. And with her school schedule, there isnt much extram time beyond a day or two here or there. So a weekend trip with the she-wok was what I had in mind.

K2
    ^ Kev - is the she-wok is spiritually inclined then think she would enjoy the highly revered (even by Thai's, who generally have no great esteem for anything Burmese) - would enjoy a visit. In Yangon the 3 great pagoda's (wats): Shwedagon, Sule and Botataung, then a couple of days trip down to the Golden Rock (Kyaiktiyo).
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I havent had any problems connecting from Intl to Domestic using both Thai and BKK Air.

Thanks for the blurb Kev & Sef... Yangoon's just a thought as I like taking the she-wok out of her environment so she sees something other than Thailand sometimes. She still talks about our Malaysia trips and how everything semed so "different". Sadly the Thai passpost isnt very good for traveling to many places. And with her school schedule, there isnt much extram time beyond a day or two here or there. So a weekend trip with the she-wok was what I had in mind.
    I wont say it is a problem, but it is not comfortable and annoying.
    And you lose time.
    Try flying from CNX to HKT and not using the early direct flight at 0845.

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    ^ Kev - is the she-wok is spiritually inclined then think she would enjoy the highly revered (even by Thai's, who generally have no great esteem for anything Burmese) - would enjoy a visit. In Yangon the 3 great pagoda's (wats): Shwedagon, Sule and Botataung, then a couple of days trip down to the Golden Rock (Kyaiktiyo).
    FYI Shwedagon Pagoda will be covered by scafolding until sometime in Feb , they are doing a new layer of gold leaf , apparently they do it every five years
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"