Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By WarProfiteer

Thread: Nice area for drinks/food somewhere north of Patong?

Nice area for drinks/food somewhere north of Patong?

Have a friend coming to Phuket, but he's staying fairly far north, so we said we'd meet somewhere in the middle.

Anyone know any nice casual areas (not blatantly P4P) for food and drinks, somewhere north of Patong?

I really like Nok and Jo's in Bang Tao. Good food at reasonable prices and a very chilled atmosphere. Jo's a real character who usually saunters about the place chatting with the guests. Oh and no P4P.

NOK & JO?S menu

Looks good and location is about half way so seems ideal

Bikini Beach Bar. Great view right off the beach, now that it's commercial free, great drinks... and has a pool area. Good place to drink day or night.

Chiang Mai.
    Stillearly and Waharoa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    I really like Nok and Jo's in Bang Tao. Good food at reasonable prices and a very chilled atmosphere. Jo's a real character who usually saunters about the place chatting with the guests. Oh and no P4P.

NOK & JO?S menu
    Have not tried that one yet, as I usually don't dine up there. Met with some family + friends last night though, and they've taken a liking to the Beer Garden in Bang Tao. I thought that was quite ok as well.

In Kamala H.C. Andersen and then Denny's for drinks afterwards is about as chilled as it gets IMO...

Enjoyed Nok and Jo's - good recommendation! Bit of an odd area though when you're used to the bright lights of Patong 555.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Enjoyed Nok and Jo's - good recommendation! Bit of an odd area though when you're used to the bright lights of Patong 555.
    I use the think that when I first moved here after 8 years in Patong. Now I have adjusted and Patong is too much 'Big City Bright Lights' for me now.. Glad you liked Nok and Jo's.

Need another recommendation guys Again somewhere north of Patong that is family friendly (no obvious P4P), ideally on the beach, with live music. My friend is driving this time so anywhere between Kamala and Bang Tao would be good. He wanted the beach location, but then I wondered if there was any beach restaurants left???