Thread: 2 - Day Certain Bar Closure 22-23 Jul 2013

2 - Day Certain Bar Closure 22-23 Jul 2013

Asalha Puja Day and Buddhist Lent Day (Wan Khao Phansa); 22 July and 23 July are 2 of 4 annual Buddhist holidays that are certain to be labeled as bar closure days.
    The exact rulings are usually not published until the day before, but they are predictable and it is wise for those planning to have "company" to make arrangement the day before.
    Depending on location "bar closures" may be relative, however, do expect most to close or serve only soft drinks.
    As ever, there will always be a select number of bars that manage to serve alcohol by one means or another.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 1st July 2013 at 14:54.

How many times Lars ??

Linking to personal sites without prior permission not allowed.

Gosh your so far more patient than I'd ever be Sef!!

Lars why the ferk do you persist on doing this??? completely defies logic and I really cannot see what benefit you imagine it will give you????
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    How many times Lars ??

Linking to personal sites without prior permission not allowed.
    Oops on Phuket-Info it was a Sticky and here not allowed ??
    I have no commercial interests and only try to assist with information.

Please do assist in changing the title of this thread from 2003 to 2013 as that was an error that I cannot edit.

that's is just crap timing. 55 I arrive on the 22nd july. why is everyone against me 55 ohh well shit happens I guess

From what I have read then eve of the 22nd was a mandatory bar-closure (no alcohol) and bars were allowed to open late on the 23rd or after midnight.
    Is that the observations of the locals?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    From what I have read then eve of the 22nd was a mandatory bar-closure (no alcohol) and bars were allowed to open late on the 23rd or after midnight.
    Is that the observations of the locals?
    Was the case in BKK, bars could open on 24th

Some hotel bars were open all the way through

I was present in BKK during the so called alcohol ban. Most bars was closed. However on soi 4, Hillary 1, Golden bar and Strikers was open. Also beer garden was open. beers was served in glasses in beer condoms. Both the police chief of Sukumvit and Hillary herself enjoyed a beer in the early evening of the 22.nd at Hillary 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Was the case in BKK, bars could open on 24th

Some hotel bars were open all the way through
    Thanks for the reply.
    From what I understand, bars that are integral parts of a hotel may be exempt .... or at least certain classes of hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Changyai View Post
    I was present in BKK during the so called alcohol ban. Most bars was closed. However on soi 4, Hillary 1, Golden bar and Strikers was open. Also beer garden was open. beers was served in glasses in beer condoms. Both the police chief of Sukumvit and Hillary herself enjoyed a beer in the early evening of the 22.nd at Hillary 1.
    One thing you can always count on is that some bars will either find the way around the rules, being it chancing it or paying for a large cup of tea.
    Appreciate your reply, thx.

I think it mainly relate to "tea money" The ones with best contacts and biggest pocket to share with the men in brown. Talking to the chief of police, there is also an interest to have some bars open so they can cater for some of the visitors. With no bars...and no "control" it could be more messy with people drinking in other places. There is also limited MIB, so if the are with a few bars..its easier to handle.