Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By Evilbaz
  • 1 Post By soupdragon

Thread: 90 day reports going online !!

90 day reports going online !!

IMMIGRATION BUREAU Thailand

Still bugs to be worked out.. Says it only works on IE and if you click OK closes the window, but if you clock the close dialogue box it appears to work just fine on Chrome/ubuntu14.10..

Looks like this could be any minute.. About time too, this has only been about the number one request for the last 5 or so years.. Should save everyone, them and us, a decent amount of time.
    K2 and SLeesy like this.

K2
    Long overdue!!

Does not work for me in Chrome but IE ok .... (dinosaur IT guys .... oh well .... best not complain ... beats the hell out of reporting in person!!)
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Long overdue!!

Does not work for me in Chrome but IE ok .... (dinosaur IT guys .... oh well .... best not complain ... beats the hell out of reporting in person!!)
    Load it in chrome.. but then dont click Ok click the close dialogue X.. Reverts to the page for me..

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Load it in chrome.. but then dont click Ok click the close dialogue X.. Reverts to the page for me..
    It didn't for me ... I have all sorts of pop up blocks on tho .... and max security etc .... could be why .... worked OK in IE.

VERY happy to have this option - I've not had to do a 90 day report for over a year now (travelling avoided it) - and was not looking forward to going to CM Zoo!
    Last edited by K2; 11th February 2015 at 12:23.
    Its My Life .....!

Yeah yeah... when are you not going to have a 3 month trip

Geeez..Call me pessimistic..but knowing how things work out here..I'm not sure if I will trust this one just yet...I mean..even when you go to immigration in person, one guy from the next will have two different opinions on what's what....I certainly hope this will work ...but I can just see going to immigration in person one day to do something and when they check your passport/status etc out ...nothing cross checks with this new internet set up...and we'll all be left with having to pay the piper....may be best to give it a little time and see how it does pan out as I don't feel like being the guinea pig on this one

And yes in typical clusterfuck fashion.. Immigration in Chiang Mai say you cant use this..

Online 90 Day Reporting Not Yet Available in Chiang Mai

Despite it being linked on the immgration homepage and the official website and having been confirmed to ThaiVisa that it IS live..

Left hand.. right hand..

The Phuket Forum: Online 90-day immigration check-in yet to be launched in Phuket

So it looks live.. Its on the immigration website.. Its linked directly from the homepage of the english language part of the official site..

But its not real yet ??

Someone recently commented elsewhere that Immigration offices are operated like separate franchises ...
    LivinLOS likes this.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

From the same "news" source that brought you :

TOURISTS will be forced to wear id tattoos and will be electronically tracked via implanted gps chips on Thailandís islands. Thailandís tourism minister said today that every backpacker tourist will be tattood with a unique identification number on their arm and will have a gps chip implanted in their ear upon arriving in Suvarnabhumi Airport
    Backpackers to be tattood upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi | Around The Moat

I thought it was quite obvious it was satire..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I thought it was quite obvious it was satire..
    You mean the story about all farangs being barred from Big C supermarkets after 5 pm because they take too long at the checkouts isn't true.
    LivinLOS likes this.