Thread: Koh Chang

Koh Chang

Looking at Koh chang for 2015 holiday, anyone got any info thoughts, experiences to share, cheers.

I am going to assume you mean Koh Chang down on the SE coast, as theres another up near myanmaar border..

Been a few times, very quiet in the off season and while I havent been I am told high season a lack of rooms makes it expensive.. Kinda quiet island when I have been, not a lot there so good to chill but less good if the old ADHD kicks in like mine does..

Long east coast no one looks at, west coast is attractive, single long coast rd.. Busy at white beach gradually tailing off as you go down the island.. I would say having some ability to get about, scooter or something almost essential to enjoy it.. I have stayed multiple times about halfway down at Kaibae rigth after this is drops off and get much quieter.. Thats an acceptable 15 minute ride back to white beach for bars and club but has its own selection of restaurants and small bars..

I have generally enjoyed Koh Chang but in a 48 hours to max 5 days kinda way..

What kind of a holiday are you looking for - beach holiday, bar holiday or nature boy holiday?

There are several beaches with different vibes. For a bar holiday you will probably want to stay near "Little Pattaya". And there's Jungleway Bungalows if you want to get close to the nature.

I guess that you will find all the info on Koh Chang you desire - and then some - at Koh Chang Island Guide For Independent Travellers -

Heard it's packed with families with kids these days......same trend as on my little island.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Thanks lads, some good info given, yes i am looking for beach and bar holiday, its looks ok to me ill probably give it a go, cheers.

Be sure to go in high season. As LivinLOS said, it can be quite empty in low season. I was there in mid-October, and it felt like I had all of the Island for myself. The bars in Little Pattaya - some 20 bars as I recall - were empty the night I stopped by. Only one other visitor between all of them.