Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Drunken guy(s) walking home with ladyboys - would you say anything?

Drunken guy(s) walking home with ladyboys - would you say anything?

For once I'm walking home semi-sober, but I'm walking home behind 2 American guys who each have a girl hand in hand, kissing and cuddling as they stagger back up Sansabai. I think nothing of it until one drops her glasses and I can blatantly see she's a ladyboy, and so is her friend. Not completely obvious at first glance, but enough features for me to tell (and I am not one to joke about people who could make a mistake like this - I've been fooled myself as well).

The problem is these guys seem pretty wasted - as I said, staggering a bit. They seem like any other punter here in Patong, so fair enough they may have purposely chosen to be with them, but their actions seem more like a typical guy here to find a girl, not a guy. One of them goes into the 7-11 and I follow as I needed some milk. At the cashier he's clearly very drunk, handing over hundreds of baht more than the display shows for what seemed to be a bag full of beer. The cashier is laughing and joking with him, basically sorting through a pile of notes in his hand to show him the correct amount, and the amount is settled without issue - but again I'm thinking... jesus, if this guy can't pay for a couple hundred baht of beer properly, how the hell is he going to handle these ladyboys.

So I'm 50/50 on just mentioning to him "hey mate, you know those are ladyboys, right?". But it presents two problems, 1) the guy may take offense and get rowdy in his drunken state, and 2) he may confront the ladyboy, pointing out I told him, who could also get very confrontational with me and/or him for ruining their "score".

I don't like the idea of ladyboys taking advantage of clearly drunken guys, I've seen it so many times in a much worse situation (where the guy can hardly stand and speak) in which case I've usually tried to help the guy find his way back to the hotel - but even then I was wary of the ladyboy "helping him" as it could have turned nasty towards me, but luckily was in a public place most of the time. But when the guys seem semi-conscious of what they're doing, I get the feeling it may be crossing the line pointing it out. I'm kinda hoping when they get back to their hotel the front desk will tell them and that's that (god bless Somsak at Summer Breeze 555), but it could be any low-rate hotel that wouldn't give a shit, and then these guys are potentially in serious trouble.

Would you say something?

I don't know the guys...I'd mind my own business.

and risk a "so what...you got a problem with that"....no thanks....they get into it...they get out of it...they get into it 555

None of your business. Obvious outcomes are the two scenarios you describe and the odds are not in your favour.

If you saw some guy walking back with some aids infested skank (or one that very much looks like she is sick) would you tell him to make sure he wears a rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    None of your business. Obvious outcomes are the two scenarios you describe and the odds are not in your favour.

If you saw some guy walking back with some aids infested skank (or one that very much looks like she is sick) would you tell him to make sure he wears a rubber?
    True it's none of my business, but I feel that it's a bit different with ladyboys as it is very easy to get duped (perhaps because I have been myself). I've actually had close calls myself where it was pretty dodgy. Once I was walking back home on Sansabai and a group of 3-4 ladyboys surrounded me, grabbing for my chain and wallet. Luckily I was sober enough to handle myself and escape long enough to draw the attention of passers by, who came over to check I was ok. Sure that was a bit of a different situation, but honestly it's not that much different if its just one ladyboy but you're plastered. I'm glad there was people around to help me (thankfully Sansabai has a lot of foot traffic) but it could have been worse. Same same these guys if these ladyboys potentially got them alone in their room.

As a some time connoisseur of the third gender I would be pretty peeved if someone tried to 'warn' me. I just can't see the upside for you. As you say the guy might thank you for telling him, but then the ladyboy sticks her stiletto in your eye for your troubles, or the guy might get pissed off and punch you. It's a no win situation.

They might be volunteers, could know exactly what they are getting into having gone looking for it. If they are getting a kicking then, yes, help a guy out. If they are walking hand in hand and seemingly happy then bite your tongue.

Wouldn't self preservation make you keep out of it too? They are leaving next week, you are not.

Another scenario without ladyboy involvement but still interesting...

You come out a bar and some guy you don't know you see is plastered. Even so he jumps onto his scooter. Would you try to stop him?

As much as ladboys get a bad rep I think this scenario, which happens all the time, has a much higher risk of ending very badly then a guy taking a ladyboy back.
    Waharoa and NeedHoliday like this.

Drunken guy(s) walking home with ladyboys - would you say anything?

Hey, wake up in bed with a LB? This is Thailand! Why deprive them of that experience?

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    Hey, wake up in bed with a LB? This is Thailand! Why deprive them of that experience?
    Waking up with a LB.. sure an experience. Waking up after being drugged, robbed etc.. bit of a different story.

I wouldn't bother mainly due to risking the ire of the ladyboys but I've seen bargirls head off with guys who were too wasted to do anything only sleep and I wouldn't get involved there either, you wanta get wasted then there's going to be consequences, in any case maybe a ladyboy threesome is on his bucket list.
    paradisiac143 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Waking up with a LB.. sure an experience. Waking up after being drugged, robbed etc.. bit of a different story.
    Very true. Sadly, some people will insist on learning things the hard way.

TiT ,they probably were quiet aware

If they get drunk enough to not notice.....that's on them

Only time I was ever fooled I dont even think I was that drunk
    I was at Green Mango in Samui
    This ahem....girl was smoking hot.
    Everyone checking her out.

I ended up talking to her.....even went to the half moon party with her and Robb.

Got back to Robb's house and started to notice when we got in the bedroom.
    I paid her and said I wasn't feeling good and let her sleep

They know.. They always know deep down.. That little voice in the back of their head knows..

They just dont want to hear it..
    JimCA2 likes this.

I was sitting at Crazy Horse Bar (old Tiger complex) early one evening, when I caught an eyeful of this beauty, walking down the soi. I wasn't even near drunk, just starting the evening.

Sat her down at my table and ordered us both drinks. She was charming as hell, with just a little bit of English.

I was almost mesmerized and she soon asked to be excused, to go to the "hong nam".

As soon as she left the table area, the waitress came scurrying over to me and said "No Pao, No! Joi is ladyman, she is kathoey Pao!"

Had me completely fooled, and no little voice inside telling me different. 555

Got that straight when I confronted "her" with the question, and Joi was indeed a ladyman. No problem, I told "her" that I wasn't interested in anything other than a drink and conversation. We shared two drinks and a lot of laughs, before Joi left. 555

If the waitress hadn't alerted me....? 555

Attachment 3857
    Last edited by Pablo; 17th February 2015 at 08:12. Reason: sp

Greet them politely with a phrase including the word "gentlemen"

Hey Pablo - I hate to say this, but I reckon you must have been pissed coz Joi looks like a LB to me
    LivinLOS, slampay, Waharoa and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    ... in any case maybe a ladyboy threesome is on his bucket list.
    Made my day, LMAO!

Well, personally, no. Don't wanna get punched by those guys or even get slapped by those ladyboys either.

I'll be honest, I see where TS is coming from... there might be a part of me that would want to mention something to the guys...

That said, I think my better judgement would then rule out saying anything... as others have said, very little upside, beyond feeling like you might save someone from an unpleasant surprise... whereas the downsides are numerous and go from bad to fucking awful. You're strolling down the road next time you're out and that same group of LB's spots you and and wants revenge for causing them lose money/customer... nope, no need to even get involved.

And hell, wasnt it young Simon on here who brought home one when drunk and shrugged when he found out and said "ok, BJ only please"... maybe these guys would do the same.

Either way, not really your business... up to them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast