• 1 Post By kris-one
  • 2 Post By dontpanic
  • 1 Post By sundancekid
  • 4 Post By Geespot
  • 1 Post By Iltis
  • 4 Post By Waharoa

Thread: Thai Planning..

Thai Planning..

OK I just told another buddy this on facebook and hes also spent the next 10 mins laughing.. I have been repeatedly chuckling for days.. I wasnt going to but its just too good not to share..

So I dont want to start out with one of those "my wife is so..." type things but bless her.. Sometimes..

So with chinese new year.. Bee and her mates from the hash running club thing decide to go help a childrens charity..

Its been a planning clusterfuk from beginning to end, but that no longer even phases me, I just let it run its course without my involvement.. Was going thurs.. then wed.. then Tues.. then it turns out tuesday was just miss understood Thursday again because 2 days starting with T is way too complex.. Whose driving, what cars, when are they coming back.. these questions may as well be "what was there before the big bang" as any answer is purely speculation..

So they all collected some money.. and who had it.. who was doing the shopping for the kids.. Was this person buying it and the other person paying it back.. If she bought stuff in makro for others were they paying personally or from the pot.. Was it pot plus those peoples payments or was that already counted in etc etc.. Its amazing how complex a simple task can become..

Honestly my ears were closed.. Just washed right over me.. sure honey.. enjoy..

So she went bought all these coloring books and pen sets.. Her mate did the same.. And on Thursday they are going to Chiang mai to donate them.. To a school for the blind

I shit you not !! I nearly fell out of bed laughing at this.. I have been cracking up every time I think about it.. Shes got all these sets now that no one wants to pay for...

I was winding her up, asking her if shes learnt any hand signal sign language so she can communicate with the kids.. Woosh... That one flew past..

Never get bored here.. Way too much entertainment.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 25th February 2015 at 19:51.

Last year I organised a big sweep stake at work for the Grand National. Loads people involved and couple quid a horse. Went around the office letting people draw theirs horses from a hat. But forgot to bloody write down who had what horse. Come Monday I sent an email around saying what horse won etc and whoever had that horse to come and collect their money. But the majority of people had thrown their bits of paper away assuming I had written down who had what. Dohhh! Planning fcuk ups can happen to the best of us
    LivinLOS likes this.

And they say we think too much 555.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Last year I organised a big sweep stake at work for the Grand National. Loads people involved and couple quid a horse. Went around the office letting people draw theirs horses from a hat. But forgot to bloody write down who had what horse. Come Monday I sent an email around saying what horse won etc and whoever had that horse to come and collect their money. But the majority of people had thrown their bits of paper away assuming I had written down who had what. Dohhh! Planning fcuk ups can happen to the best of us
    I did similar for our March Madness pool
    I ran the pool and announced who won, then everyone was complaining I didn't provide all the results(even though they know they didn't win on their own)
    Basically send a firm wide email telling everyone to beat it...........they didn't ask me to do it the next year 555

Yes, it’s really incredible how stupid those non-white-female creatures are behaving. Cracking and slapping fun. Surely, they must be retarded, and need to be laughed at even more by us privileged white guys?

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    Yes, itís really incredible how stupid those non-white-female creatures are behaving. Cracking and slapping fun. Surely, they must be retarded, and need to be laughed at even more by us privileged white guys?
    FFS, how privileged do you have to be to figure out that colouring books might not be ideal for blind kids? If you have the wit to get your shoes on the right feet - or even just on your own feet - you can figure that one through. Not everything has the deeper significance of the bwana taking the piss out of the downtrodden, some things are just funny man...

Don't think the humour translates Steve

Yes, it’s really incredible how stupid those non-white-female creatures are behaving. Cracking and slapping fun. Surely, they must be retarded, and need to be laughed at even more by us privileged white guys?
    You think too much.
    Dkdude and WarProfiteer like this.

Arrrgh, yes I misread the post and it was indeed quite funny. Mea culpa...
    Steve@thaib likes this.

Its coloring books for the blind..

If you dont find that funny.. You have really got way too high on your horse.. Even my wife has found it funny.. She knows what a classic miss communication it is..

Arrrgh, yes I misread the post and it was indeed quite funny. Mea culpa...
    ha ha.. Now I am baffled what you did think it said..

I sometimes wonder if Thais have places where they go online and talk about the baffling things we do.. I told him I would meet at lunchtime and he asked me when.. I said early afternoon and he got really angry.. When.. When.. When.. What it matter.. Farang ting tong na.. Everyone know when lunchtime is na ??

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post

I sometimes wonder if Thais have places where they go online and talk about the baffling things we do.. I told him I would meet at lunchtime and he asked me when.. I said early afternoon and he got really angry.. When.. When.. When.. What it matter.. Farang ting tong na.. Everyone know when lunchtime is na ??
    I don't think they are remotely interested enough in us to have deep meaningful discussions other than how much is he giving me

K2
    Never mind Sef ... maybe Bee can fill in the colouring books on the drive to Chiang RAI ... 55555
    Its My Life .....!

5555555555 that's so funny Sef. i find the sign language joke for talking to the blind kids even funnier
    Pablo likes this.
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    I don't think they are remotely interested enough in us to have deep meaningful discussions other than how much is he giving me
    Wait, surely you're not saying they'd commodify us... 555...

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post

...I'm gonna tell my farang husband I bought colouring-in books for the blind school... farang believe anything.. probably even tell the forum about it.. 555

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Just to add to this and quite well known

They're so self absorbed other than mum, then the family, pet dog comes in around no 13 of importance and the farang somewhere after that 555555555555

Classic design of a horse by a commitee kind of result...
    I wonder at what exact point during the "planning" process the train left the track and the end result lost all credibility...555

Was the train ever actually on any track?