Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By slampay
  • 4 Post By WarProfiteer
  • 2 Post By Changone

Thread: Thugs Bash, Kick Legless Surfer in Horrific Patong Daylight Attack

Thugs Bash, Kick Legless Surfer in Horrific Patong Daylight Attack

Damn thats harsh..

Phuket Thugs Bash, Kick Legless Surfer in Horrific Patong Daylight Attack - Phuket Wan

''It was in the beach road in Patong, about 7am one morning. I was going to see if there were some waves that I could surf

''I'm the only professional disabled surfer in the world, travelling for standup paddle surfing, and I'm an ambassador for the International Surfing Association. I teach disabled people that they can get into the water rather than staying in their wheelchairs.

''This day I'm in between some cars, trying to cross from the beach side of the road to the other side.

''Five or six guys come up to me and play this game of pushing me from one to the other.

''I asked them to stop because my sports wheelchair is unstable and can easily flip over. This is dangerous stuff. 'Can you please stop this,'' I said.

''One of them got really aggressive and said 'You cannot talk like that to us. Oh you f...ing tourists'. He pushed me really hard and I fell out of the wheelchair.

''When I was on the ground the first man kicked me. Then they all kicked me. I was also afraid they might have knives.

''They crunched some of my ribs and it went on for quite a while. They were in a happy mood.

''Then it was like you'd kicked a can and its not funny any more. They took the money from my bag and walked away.''

Fred said he was afraid to call for help because the kicking could get worse. He does not believe money was the motive. He thinks they were on steroids and possibly other drugs.

Bystanders came to his aid and put Fred back into his wheelchair then helped him to his room.

''For three-and-a-half days I just stared into space,'' he said.
    ''I am really hit by this,'' he said. ''Some nasty things happen here, let's not be naive.

''But five or six guys decide for no reason to kick someone who is on the ground and push someone who is disabled out of a wheelchair?

''That's really an eye-opener. This at seven o'clock in the morning!''

Police told him: ''We'll never catch these guys. The amount of work watching all that security camera footage . . . that's never going to happen.

''Maybe if you had been killed, it would have happened.''

What an horrendous story.. and equally horrendous is the police disinterest in finding the thugs...

Must be a lot of work, they now the date, time and place. They know which cameras involved, just check those at from 0630 till 0730 on that morning. That is how we did it when safety/security was involved on my job.
    But maybe there are no cameas?

No beach chairs and no security at all...or so it seems. Where are all the "Heavy hitters" when they've done the easy bit?

Feckng burmese people....
    PGC, LivinLOS, soupdragon and 2 others like this.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Feckng burmese people....
    You can joke but there has been a spike in home break ins in my area and even though Thais are being caught the blame is still be laid on the Burmese migrants in the Thai gossip circles. I have to bite my tongue on that one.

I gotta admit, I try to avoid any Thai conflict... but if I saw 6 guys beating up a disabled person, I'm not sure I'd be able to walk away from that. It would probably be hulk smash time...

... and then I'd get stabbed or shot for my troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I gotta admit, I try to avoid any Thai conflict... but if I saw 6 guys beating up a disabled person, I'm not sure I'd be able to walk away from that. It would probably be hulk smash time...

... and then I'd get stabbed or shot for my troubles.
    I don't know...they'd probably run away until they could find another ten or twelve low life's to come back on you with...
    WarProfiteer and soupdragon like this.