Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By K2
  • 3 Post By dawsey

Thread: BBC TV Series about relocating to Paradise - Phuket Episode

BBC TV Series about relocating to Paradise - Phuket Episode

They also did one about a guy moving to Samui to set up a guest house but I can't find it on any torrent sites or You Tube

This is the Phuket one, worth a watch, the prices of the properties look cheaper than here on Samui

Published on Feb 27, 2015

Wanted in Paradise Episode 4 Phuket BBC Documentary 2015
    Commercial diver Alex Summers wants to abandon the Glasgow climate with his partner Jane and young baby for a new life in Thailand. He and his family are used to him being away for long stretches of time, but for Jane it's a different story. She's never left her native Glasgow and would miss her sisters terribly if they were to make the move. Will a week putting a new life on the island of Phuket to the test persuade her to make the move?

K2
    Pretty well done ... not over sensationalised ... funny how every property was worth 4.5 mil THB (and what about work permits for those agents?) ...

Reckon the bloke (Alex) would do ok .... with a TG, and leave the Mrs & kid in Glasgaaa!
    dawsey and Dkdude like this.
    Its My Life .....!

Kinda liked that one too, so thanks for sharing. Not that I'm going to commit any time soon, but that last condo looked really cool. Would be a better size for me rather than the house I'm currently renting. And that roof top space with a private pool, the view, and the ability to build a cottage of sorts was amazing.

That apartment in Kamala Hills (starting 12.20 in the clip) is directly below my old apartment there...before I moved to Samui

Yep...asking price is way above what similar apartments there have gone for recently but it is one of the nicer ones in the development...the owner put some nice work into it

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    That apartment in Kamala Hills (starting 12.20 in the clip) is directly below my old apartment there...before I moved to Samui

Yep...asking price is way above what similar apartments there have gone for recently but it is one of the nicer ones in the development...the owner put some nice work into it
    I was waiting for Dodgers ugly mug to appear and start a sales pitch.
    Would have been nice to see Denver strolling around in the background in his thong.
    andymon, Dkdude and billpay like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.