Thread: HCMC Hotel Recommendations?

HCMC Hotel Recommendations?

Thinking of taking my next trip to HCMC. Wasn't sure what to expect with Vietnam but at least HCMC sounds like a pretty decent tourist city?

Looking around at nightlife information it seems it can be a struggle to get a girl into your hotel, so I presume you want to try and find the equivalent Girl Friendly option? Or is there no such thing due to strict laws? If that's the case hotel choice not so important.

We stayed at Viet Nghi Hotel and girls were ok,bars right next door and one of the discos just up the road.

I do believe that most, meaning nearly all, of the better hotels will not let you bring females in after 9pm. I stayed at the Spring Hotel, and this was their policy. I didn't really put it to a test. There are other arrangements that can be made there. i think that their 'policy' is no females, but in some places I guess this can be circumvented.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    We stayed at Viet Nghi Hotel and girls were ok,bars right next door and one of the discos just up the road.
    Seems it has been renamed:
    Saigon Mini Hotel 6 (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Good reviews and ranking though for the price, my current choice at the moment.

Noticing on hotels.com a lot of them require marriage certificate to allow a local vietnamese to stay with the guest. Very hard to find accurate information on hotels, I figured there would be plenty of info about the nightlife/p4p but unable to find any decent forum (hmm maybe an opening there? ). I had more information on Cambodia than currently on Vietnam!

We booked 3 nights here. It seems to be in the right part of town and my buddy, who knows about these things, assures me it is guest friendly. I'm not expecting it to be the best of hotels but it's not like we are there for long:Thien Tung Hotel Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam - Best discount hotel rates

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    We booked 3 nights here. It seems to be in the right part of town and my buddy, who knows about these things, assures me it is guest friendly. I'm not expecting it to be the best of hotels but it's not like we are there for long:Thien Tung Hotel Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam - Best discount hotel rates
    I'd seen that on a list but it didn't get great reviews at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Seems it has been renamed:
    Saigon Mini Hotel 6 (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Good reviews and ranking though for the price, my current choice at the moment.
    Email response from them states they do not permit local girls to stay with guests as it is against the law..

Smile

I doubt if you would find ANY hotel that would state that they are willing to break the law. A discreet word with the night staff may have a different result.

True, I did consider that, but you're then stuck if you book and find out they don't. Bit of a Catch22.

In the end I think I'm going to go with:
    Elegant Hotel (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam): See 90 Reviews and 56 Photos - TripAdvisor

Same road, but I got a better feeling from the email response that my "girlfriend could stay if she has ID or passport", which could have been their way of hinting they'll sort something out. The rooms look a lot nicer too.

It's only for 4 nights anyway.

You might want to look at Spring Hotel. It's a bit better rated and I stayed there two years in a row.