Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sting

Thread: non o retiment

non o retiment

hello.
    i am staying in phuket on a tourist visa still good until 25.09.15
    but i turned 50 01.07 and i want a long time visa. think i need a non o ? but where can i get it? do i have to go back to norway ?.can i convert i my tourist visa inside thailand ?or go to the consul in Penang, Malaysia for a new non o visa?
    if i go to panang what document do i need.i am over 50 and i have the funds required is that all you need ?sems to easy 5555.
    hope someone have any information what is my best option
    ต่อย

Technically you can convert your tourist visa, but it can be problematic... Many immi offices ask you leave, get at least a non imm O single entry (which you can in any local SE Asian consul if your over 50) and return and then apply for the 1 year incountry extension.

In your home country you will often be offered 1 year multi entry non imm O or even sometimes the non imm O-A depending on place of application.

Personally I would go to Penang, get the single entry, get your paperwork in order and extend incountry. But you could go and ask locally if they will convert the tourist visa entry over. Some do, some dont (or want a bribe or agent to handle it).

K2
    Its My Life .....!

Thanks i think i mentely preper to go to penang but i go and talk to imi in phuket first i did a 60 days ekstention on a 30 day visa eks ther in november and they did a good job explaning what i needed for it
    LivinLOS likes this.
    ต่อย

A small update. In phuket they don't convert your tourist visa. You can do it in Bangkok but it takes two trips 15 days apart to do it.
    i went to Penang and got a non o there
    ต่อย

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    A small update. In phuket they don't convert your tourist visa. You can do it in Bangkok but it takes two trips 15 days apart to do it.
    i went to Penang and got a non o there
    hmm.. Thats strange as they should be able.. So to confirm.. They 100% wont convert a tourist class 60 day entry to a non immigrant extension ??

Forcing either multiple bangkok trips or the need to go and get a non immigrant (single) entry outside Thailand.

yes They 100% wont convert a tourist class 60 day entry to a non immigrant extension in phuket have to og to Bangkok multiple trips
    he told me mayby can do it in pattaya but they have to send the papework to bankok
    ต่อย

Well I heard some were difficult about that.. Seems Phukets one of the difficult ones..

^ I was pretty sure BM EvilBaz did that sometime back in HKT...but they are a fickle bunch there