Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New Overstay Rules (enforced from 20 March 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    ye you have entered on time and you leave on or before the date stamp or extend?
    Well that is how I have always understood it, I think I'm good til 25 APR 2016 unless I extend.

I have a sneaking suspicion he may have looked at the wrong stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    I have a really stupid question. My non-imm B visa has the wording "enter before 2 March 2016" which I did on January 27th. My passport got the 90-day stamp and says 27 JAN 2016 and below it 25 APR 2016.

So I'm good to stay until 25 APR 2016 right? I had send the stamp to my work permit lawyer (when asking about extending the Non-Imm B) and he wrote back about overstay fines and blacklist....but I don't see how that pertains and guess he read it wrong? Just want to double check as March 20th is around the corner!

Thanks!!

ps. Work Permit valid til Nov'16 for what it's worth.
    yep as Geespot said you are good until April 25th
    Robaht likes this.

Well that is how I have always understood it, I think I'm good til 25 APR 2016 unless I extend.

Was he Thai?..........if yes there's your answer 5555555
    Robaht likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Was he Thai?..........if yes there's your answer 5555555
    You got it in one!

I have a really stupid question. My non-imm B visa has the wording "enter before 2 March 2016" which I did on January 27th. My passport got the 90-day stamp and says 27 JAN 2016 and below it 25 APR 2016.

So I'm good to stay until 25 APR 2016 right? I had send the stamp to my work permit lawyer (when asking about extending the Non-Imm B) and he wrote back about overstay fines and blacklist....but I don't see how that pertains and guess he read it wrong? Just want to double check as March 20th is around the corner!

Thanks!!

ps. Work Permit valid til Nov'16 for what it's worth.
    As long as you have those dates correct then yes exactly..

Visa is an 'enter before' which generates a 'permission to stay' until..

If its a long permission to stay then theres the 90 day reports..

Also now (up here) TM30s and TM28 address declarations are in the mix, but no 2 officer agree on the system.

Once more.. an official gives the rules.. But declines to be named..

Kids don?t do education visa runs, says Phuket Immigration

It clearly doesnt answer the question of blacklisting.. But implies all children must have a current permission to stay, based on a visa..

Immigration Chief visits Phuket, says overstay rules are to keep the bad guys out

“Officers will strictly enforce the rules and crack down on all overstayers in the Kingdom. However, i must reiterate that these rules do not apply to children under the age of 18.

Not that anybody has been on pins and needles, lol, but I went to Penang on Monday and got a 1-year non-Imm B visa based on my work permit (just under 8 months remaining) and all applicable papers (about 10 from the pack of 80 or so pages I had). Of course, I was not at all overstay as confirmed by several here already, but she did take a long look at the visa and then commented the visa was finished. I said yes, I'm going to Penang to get a new one. She smiled and said nothing lol. ps. Jim at Jim's place in Penang is the way to go if you need a visa, and if you can afford it definitely stay at the Eastern and Oriental, top notch hotel.

New Overstay Rules enforced from 20 March 2016

I only got 1 year visa last year but will ask about getting a 2 year one when i go this week.1 year or 2 year doesnt really matter to me but it would be nice to have longer......and a longer visa too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12