Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New Overstay Rules (enforced from 20 March 2016)

K2

New Overstay Rules (enforced from 20 March 2016)

Thai Embassy in London have posted on their FB page ...

https://www.facebook.com/Royal-Thai-...1453726918825/

Its My Life .....!

Rule 3.1... Does that mean that kids under 18 can overstay without any fine...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Sounds like it - you might be a bit too old mate

If you do overstay - don't get caught, turn yourself in instead. That seems to be the theme of the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgezza View Post
    Sounds like it - you might be a bit too old mate

If you do overstay - don't get caught, turn yourself in instead. That seems to be the theme of the new rules.
    555555 Yeah, i wish..5555

If it is like that, it makes it easier for my son to stay with the wife without having to get a visa every time.

555555 Yeah, i wish..5555

If it is like that, it makes it easier for my son to stay with the wife without having to get a visa every time.
    2.1 Do I understand it correct that if you overstay with 1 day and is caught by police or immigration then you can get a 5 year ban?

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    2.1 Do I understand it correct that if you overstay with 1 day and is caught by police or immigration then you can get a 5 year ban?
    If you get arrested and prosecuted, it looks like that...
    But i guess its more then a couple of days overstay. But as usual its open for interpretation......

As I understand it the age is 12. Maybe these new rules shift that age but I will have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    Yeah, this was my first question when reading that... I've had a few slips here and there where I check the PP and realize I needed to visit immigration a few days ago. Woops. I guess now if that happens and I'm caught, I could be gone for 5 years. That would kinda suck, considering I just signed a new lease, moved into a house and bought all the furniture.

Always been the case.. Its still recorded as overstay but no fine..

They have been saying this would be enforced since mid last year..

The glaring hole in the design is the 'caught under 1 year' part.. Someone one day over on route to the airport or border who gets caught, gets a 5 year blacklisting.. the rule really should have a 30 day (or 90) grace with only a financial fine, same as the self reporting.

Caught and prosecuted. Wouldn't that involve court and judges? So a 5 year blacklisting not definite. And besides, people just take the piss and grace period will just get abused unless the fine is big.

The fine is 500b a day.. The issue is it opens a nice line up for corrupt cops.. Simply stop each visa run bus 2km short of the border and check stamps, even tho the person was actively trying to leave and solve it, they are still then 'caught' and will pay a lot to be left to go process it.

This exact thing wasnt unknown down at sadao before..

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    As I understand it the age is 12. Maybe these new rules shift that age but I will have to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Always been the case.. Its still recorded as overstay but no fine..

I knew that kids under 12 was allowed overstay without a fine. But not under 18.

I knew that kids under 12 was allowed overstay without a fine. But not under 18.
    Why don't you just get him both passports because it seems he goes back often enough?
    Use the Thai passport for entering and leaving Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Why don't you just get him both passports because it seems he goes back often enough?
    Use the Thai passport for entering and leaving Thailand
    Then he has to do time in the army when he get older... Cant say i look forward to send him there and down to the hot spots in the south...

There is some seriously weird hazing shit I have seen in the Thai Army too. Probably happens in all armies tho.

K2
    Then he has to do time in the army when he get older... Cant say i look forward to send him there and down to the hot spots in the south...
    1 in 3 chance of getting picked and the military don't like/want luk kreng anyway (not conform enough/potential 'spies') and if Thai isn't up to par - definitely will not get selected ... baring all that, then 20K THB to 'fix' so I hear.
    Tarzan and soupdragon like this.
    Its My Life .....!

I have a really stupid question. My non-imm B visa has the wording "enter before 2 March 2016" which I did on January 27th. My passport got the 90-day stamp and says 27 JAN 2016 and below it 25 APR 2016.

So I'm good to stay until 25 APR 2016 right? I had send the stamp to my work permit lawyer (when asking about extending the Non-Imm B) and he wrote back about overstay fines and blacklist....but I don't see how that pertains and guess he read it wrong? Just want to double check as March 20th is around the corner!

Thanks!!

ps. Work Permit valid til Nov'16 for what it's worth.

I'm seeing on Twitter that on lower Suk police checking passports for overstayers this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    I have a really stupid question. My non-imm B visa has the wording "enter before 2 March 2016" which I did on January 27th. My passport got the 90-day stamp and says 27 JAN 2016 and below it 25 APR 2016.

So I'm good to stay until 25 APR 2016 right? I had send the stamp to my work permit lawyer (when asking about extending the Non-Imm B) and he wrote back about overstay fines and blacklist....but I don't see how that pertains and guess he read it wrong? Just want to double check as March 20th is around the corner!

Thanks!!

ps. Work Permit valid til Nov'16 for what it's worth.
    ye you have entered on time and you leave on or before the date stamp or extend?
    Robaht likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast