Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My O-A retirement visa experience (usa)

For a retirement extension, Phuket Immi give a little flyer on what you need.....
    [sic]
    Copy of owner ID
    Copy registration for house
    Copy contract of rent
    Copy passport and visa
    Photo 2" for 2 photo

We don't have a lease, so i wrote a lease renting a room from my GF that they accepted.

No house map ?? Thats a usual one.. Also photos of residence ??

Also surely theres the whole money / assets issue missed in that ?? Either letter from the bank (less than 14 days old) for 800k or a statement from embassy showing 65k per month ??

Is Phuket not doing TM30 / TM28s ?? Up here no one can get extensions without that being done and current.

Its those variables which are the pain in the ass.. Eg..

On Phuket I printed a nice clear google map with my house marked, was told no it had to be hand drawn.. In CNX I included a hand drawn and the google map, they commented how good the google map was and much better than hand drawn.

One year they told me it had to be actual photos stuck onto paper.. Other years they are happy with the images printed myself onto sheets.. One year they wanted wedding and family shots (marriage visa) another year they said no they dont want family... One year must have us stood in front of house with house number visible.. Another year not.. One year they wanted photos of 'things we own' like cars and appliances. Different every time.

Last year when I gave my bank letter and passbook copies (400k in there static for marriage extension) they quibbled the bank book as not having shown a transaction lately (despite it being my special visa money account never used) and said as the last transaction was months ago, how did they know it was the current balance and was up to date. I pointed out the 2 day old letter stating bank balance !! But by then face would be lost so I had to go, withdraw 20b, get a new update on the passbook, and a new letter from the bank.

Basically having done 7 or 8 marriage extensions, it feels like if they dont find some fault, something to nit pick and send you away to go get, they are not doing their job.

I had thought I had mine all covered, had EVERYTHING.

Agent came back that day and said "not done", couldn't believe it. I had a new bank book (old one was full with stapled extra pages), they didnt trust the new bank book, made me go pay in 100 baht to prove it was real, then would issue my new 1 year visa.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    No house map ?? Thats a usual one.. Also photos of residence ??

Also surely theres the whole money / assets issue missed in that ?? Either letter from the bank (less than 14 days old) for 800k or a statement from embassy showing 65k per month ??

Is Phuket not doing TM30 / TM28s ?? Up here no one can get extensions without that being done and current.

Its those variables which are the pain in the ass.. Eg..

On Phuket I printed a nice clear google map with my house marked, was told no it had to be hand drawn.. In CNX I included a hand drawn and the google map, they commented how good the google map was and much better than hand drawn.

One year they told me it had to be actual photos stuck onto paper.. Other years they are happy with the images printed myself onto sheets.. One year they wanted wedding and family shots (marriage visa) another year they said no they dont want family... One year must have us stood in front of house with house number visible.. Another year not.. One year they wanted photos of 'things we own' like cars and appliances. Different every time.

Last year when I gave my bank letter and passbook copies (400k in there static for marriage extension) they quibbled the bank book as not having shown a transaction lately (despite it being my special visa money account never used) and said as the last transaction was months ago, how did they know it was the current balance and was up to date. I pointed out the 2 day old letter stating bank balance !! But by then face would be lost so I had to go, withdraw 20b, get a new update on the passbook, and a new letter from the bank.

Basically having done 7 or 8 marriage extensions, it feels like if they dont find some fault, something to nit pick and send you away to go get, they are not doing their job.
    #MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    For a retirement extension, Phuket Immi give a little flyer on what you need.....
    [sic]
    Copy of owner ID
    Copy registration for house
    Copy contract of rent
    Copy passport and visa
    Photo 2" for 2 photo

We don't have a lease, so i wrote a lease renting a room from my GF that they accepted.
    Seth...you are right, this was just to prove my residence, the Bank stuff was also required, the Bank Book and Statement printed by the bank and stamped.

Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1cup View Post
    I had thought I had mine all covered, had EVERYTHING.
    Its the lack of consistency, the lack of clarity, and the lack of any system of appeals or arbitration for poor decisions by low end staff which makes it such a stress.

How hard would it be to create a clear guide, PDF online and on paper.. Listing each item required, a clear guide of how they want it, and an example of a perfect one.

With one guide written, it could be simply translated into multiple languages for the rarer / unusual language speakers and put online. Lets face it, thats simple.. I could do it in a couple of days.. It would save countless hours for applicants in research, streamline the whole app process, mean people arrive better prepared and staff would have a faster time dealing with applications. Given how simple it would be to solve, and the fact they wont solve it, choose not to standardise it, you have to conclude they like it this way.

Fiefdoms and power.. Ability to grant or deny.. Create stress specifically so they can then 'fix it for you' (often for a fee). Its the system they want.
    2girls1cup likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12