Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: No more multiple entry non immigrant visas..

It is such a common thread thru'out most of these discussions...Govt corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    What's really at the core of telling people who arent 50, and that's really who this is pointed at imo, that we're going to continue to limit your options for staying here? When I think of any possible problems the under 50 long stayer crowd is causing... it's a fraction of a percentage of the issue overall within the society. So what's really underlying these new rules?
    Thailand is making it harder for those digital nomands, and other cheap long stayers.. Anyone who wants it easy, can just buy the elite visa.. If they cant drop 100k a year for a simple easy long stay option, Thailand doesnt think they will be contributing enough to make the grade.

Thats it in a nutshell.. The under 50's single solo travellers who claim to be high net worth.. Have a simple easy option. Otherwise Thailand doesnt want people long staying on short stay visa classes. Genuine tourists will be unaffected, long stayers need to get a long stay visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen34 View Post
    I agree with Thailand's stance on this and think every country should be the same.

I have no problem with all my/our property being in my wife's name as Thai citizen, yes it opens me up to a financial risk, but why not. I am not Thai, her family has been in the area for generations and are far more connected with it then a foreigner. To me its a financial risk, but she feels a real connection with the land something I envy in a way.
    I agree with this to an extent.. But I also think the path to full citizenship (and equal rights) should be more standardized clear and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I agree with this to an extent.. But I also think the path to full citizenship (and equal rights) should be more standardized clear and consistent.
    I agree also, its a concern that as a foreigner married to Thai with half Thai kids that its extremely hard to become a citizen, I don't see any lack of equal rights in Thailand for me, except for this.

The whole male/female foreigner issue is a little unfair towards foreign males, but I understand why and I blame all those old men coming to Thailand to buy young Thai wife's or retire and visit prostitutes as the root cause of the issue.

Good news.
    They still do 1 year non imm O multiple entry visas in Savannakhet Laos. A friend just got it sorted this morning. Not even money required.
    He did a marriage visa and got kids here.
    I'm going to do my first one year extension at the immigration office in Ranong next week, but it's still good to have the Laos option if everything goes tits up.
    K2 likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567