Thread: New Tourist Visa (TR Single Entry) Rules at Savannaket (Loas)

New Tourist Visa (TR Single Entry) Rules at Savannaket (Loas)

New rules (or old rules getting enforced) out of Savannaket as of Jan 1st, 2017

TR1.jpg

TR.jpg

Looks like you have to show a 20k (40k if with a family) baht bank statement, a travel itinerary and a return ticket now.

Theres a whole raft new new restrictions..

Limiting land entrys to 2 visa exempt entries per year. Huge news for 1000s of expats who live in cambo and laos and use land borders for shopping runs or hospital use. Lots of farang run laos businesses will have an issue.

Not issueing multi entry non imm visas from honorary consuls any more.. Embassies asking for way more paperwork some of which is hard to provide.

ME tourist visas only available in your home country or where you have legal residency, also with large documentary evidence, multi 1000 cash in bank, letters from employers etc..

I hear through the grapevine we are just about to be handed new legislation which makes overland travel very restrictive, think same as burma, must have a Thai guide for non Thai vehicles (agreements with malaysia etc I guess), 30 day entry, 2 entries per year, no vehicle passes for campers or RVs.. Effectively all overlanders just got given a high cost bump.

Good guys in, bad guys out..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Theres a whole raft new new restrictions..

Limiting land entrys to 2 visa exempt entries per year. Huge news for 1000s of expats who live in cambo and laos and use land borders for shopping runs or hospital use. Lots of farang run laos businesses will have an issue.

Not issueing multi entry non imm visas from honorary consuls any more.. Embassies asking for way more paperwork some of which is hard to provide.

ME tourist visas only available in your home country or where you have legal residency, also with large documentary evidence, multi 1000 cash in bank, letters from employers etc..

I hear through the grapevine we are just about to be handed new legislation which makes overland travel very restrictive, think same as burma, must have a Thai guide for non Thai vehicles (agreements with malaysia etc I guess), 30 day entry, 2 entries per year, no vehicle passes for campers or RVs.. Effectively all overlanders just got given a high cost bump.

Good guys in, bad guys out..
    no need to worry at all, the army is just there to cleanup the corruption and won't stay any longer than required 555

on a side note I was arrested at a police check-point in Bangkok yesterday around 11.30pm near Udom Suk. Cop asked for driving licence, tax and green book of the bike. Once all was in order he just asked me in Thai how long I had been living here and when I told him "5 pee" he was happy and let me on my way.
    Last edited by slimbag; 13th January 2017 at 14:33.