Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: 30 Day Extension After ED Visa

30 Day Extension After ED Visa

Need to get another 30 days after finishing an ED Visa before going back to UK...............is only option to go Malaysia or similar? I did this before to get 2 months at Banana Hotel but just wondering whether anyone knows a better way if just for the 30 days?!

I dont think you can get any extension on an expiring ED (just because of the ED, other reasons can) so I would think your going to need a border hop.

Makes it worse the southern borders are not keen on allowing the 30 day border entries. So yeah effectively its either a flight in and out or penang and a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I dont think you can get any extension on an expiring ED (just because of the ED, other reasons can) so I would think your going to need a border hop.

Makes it worse the southern borders are not keen on allowing the 30 day border entries. So yeah effectively its either a flight in and out or penang and a visa.
    Ok cool so if I just went for flight out and then back in same day this would work with 30 day visa on arrival or a bit risky?

Dont think its risky at all.. The south does seem to be a law unto itself, so I would check that phuket immi isnt doing something silly at the airport but bangkok currently is processing 30 day arrivals as many as you can do (by air) land borders are 2 per calendar year but the south seems to be even harder on land borders.

Ok well I am in HH, so I could do land border at Kanchanaburi...could I get away with that for 30 day visa?!

I believe yes.. Ask on Thaivisa or call one of the visa run agencies who run from there, they will know the border guards mood.

The recent law change was 2 land borders in any calendar year.. The problem is do the border guards know the law ??
    davis121 likes this.

Can you do the new 6 month tourist visa (Er-hum "permission to stay") back-to-back?

Haven't found anyone who can answer this.
    #MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

^^ You have to go to your home country or (sometimes) a country where you have a verified (tax) residency and full time residence permit to get a METV.

Even then they need 1000s in the bank and a whole lot more proofs than TRs of old did. Here in asia all you can get is a SETV.

The changing of the double entry (hell I remember triples and even from london quad entry) visas to METVs was not a benefit for long stayers at all. On paper it looked good but the way it ended up implemented its far more restrictive.

30 Day Extension After ED Visa

I don't think the one day overstay should hurt your Z visa application, but you never know because TIFC. I would still go the Z visa route first because even if you do get an F visa, you'll have to get it changed to a Z visa and then residence permit after that eventually. Working on an F visa is not a viable long term solution.