Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By nelsonone

Thread: Kev-In-Thailand's vlog about legality of working

Kev-In-Thailand's vlog about legality of working

Comes up on the forum now and again, and Kev touches on it in his video but references another interview between a vlogger and some lawyer based in Thailand.

I don't get how even after what the guy said Kev still thinks its not illegal. Sure no one seems to get prosecuted but you can't say its legal due to that.

Probably sell a lot more Elite visa's if they were to somehow incorporate this in if legitimate overseas earnings not affecting the Thai economy
    Or at least give people a better option that a ltd company with all that it entails....probably just wishful thinking though !!!

Does anyone else think Kev is a Knob and doesn't know WTF he is talking about...

Sure, you are most probably very unlikely to ever be busted for "working in Thailand" if you are just at home on a computer, the work you are doing is for a company outside of Thailand and the money you are earning is being paid into a bank account outside of Thailand...however as anyone knows who lives here, if you come to the authorities attention here and they want to find something to hang on you, they may well choose to use these laws to prosecute you
    Last edited by nelsonone; 2nd April 2017 at 21:21.
    Stillearly and Philly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Does anyone else think Kev is a Knob and doesn't know WTF he is talking about...

Sure, you are most probably very unlikely to ever be busted for "working in Thailand" if you are just at home on a computer, the work you are doing is for a company outside of Thailand and the money you are earning is being paid into a bank account outside of Thailand...however as anyone knows who lives here, if you come to the authorities attention here and they want to find something to hang on you, they may well choose to use these laws to prosecute you
    These vloggers and digital pikeys with their 'travel blogs' are a pain in the ass for me, they are doing videos in exchange for free accommodation, free food and drinks, taking work away from the likes of me that spend a fortune to be legal with a work permit, Thai company etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    These vloggers and digital pikeys with their 'travel blogs' are a pain in the ass for me, they are doing videos in exchange for free accommodation, free food and drinks, taking work away from the likes of me that spend a fortune to be legal with a work permit, Thai company etc.
    I don't know what you do but obviously the establishments that comp them feel it's good for business.

Now, hopefully, they are recommending places they truly like.

My friend's wife has a Mommy Travel Blog.
    Makes about 4k/mo in advertising and a ton of free accommodation most places they go.
    But I know she'd only recommend places she likes