Thread: Multiple Entry Visa from UK

Multiple Entry Visa from UK

Might be reading this wrongly but....how does your passport prove residence of the UK?

3. Proof of resident status in the UK or Ireland (Passport or UK/Ireland residence card) along with a photocopy;

http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/visas.htm

Ok so have been doing some reading and apparently can only get 6 month visa in country of residence is this right and not Laos for example? Had been on ED visa so didnt need to worry but looks like have been a few changes since I last looked!!
    Last edited by davis121; 6th September 2017 at 02:02.

As per the PM, you have to go to your 'home' country to get an METV.. Tho I doubt an EU citizen would be denied one when applying in another EU country, but its to stop people applying in local SEA consuls.

Theres a bunch of other junk which is partly enforced also (money, letter from employer, etc) all in all they make it harder and harder for unmarried younger guys to come for anything longer than a holiday. The METV replacing the double or triple entry turned into a total headache for those guys.

Thanks Lil. So got the visa and had to show 5000 GBP which has been in there constantly for 6 months with bank statements along with self assessment SA302's (for own business) which luckily was no issue as had them anyway....but can take up to 2 weeks to get these sent out if you dont have them!

Also needed plane ticket and proof of first nights stay which was fine

The whole residency thing was a bit of a worry as 2 back to back ED visas would mean technically non resident of the UK and wasnt sure whether this would be picked up through stamps

All in all definitely making things harder but am moving to more time in UK each year now anyway....so the METV will suit me fine.......until they decide to change the rules AGAIN!!