Thread: The 1 year Class B (business) Visa scam

The 1 year Class B (business) Visa scam

- Find a Thai lawyer that can arrange a "letter-of-invitation" to work from a Thai "shell" or "non-shell" company

- Go to a Thai consulate outside Thailand (Savannaket, Laos seems to be a current favorite, Vientaine, Laos Thai Consulate seems to check more carefully)

- A couple of days later, the class B Thai business immigration visa is in your passport

Now, obtaining a class B Thai immigration visa, is issued on the basis, that you have a Thai company willing to sponsor you & you will obtain a Thai work permit associated with the sponsoring Thai company. The scam is that you do not take the employment legalities any further & have got yourself a 1 year visa.

Seems like a loophole that the Thai's have left wide open for now.
    #MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

Doesn't seem like a loophole, seems like some sort of fraud (a scam).

This has been the way it's been for well over a decade.. My first long stay b visa was to "investigate investment opportunity in Thailand" and was backed up by my own uk company not even a Thai one..

Many local sea consuls and embassy's dont give multiple entry's due to this issue.. You get a single and are told to extend incountry, but home country ones often still do..

Unsure it's really a scam, just one kind of visa that's not so hard to get. This is what you get when you make the wp an extra step on top of the b visa..

If you want scam.. Look into the APEC cards.. 12k thb buys you 3 years of 90 day visits

Claiming hong kong issuance and connection..

They're a bit more tricky, have to show proof that you do business in several SE Asian countries, biz bank accounts etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    If you want scam.. Look into the APEC cards.. 12k thb buys you 3 years of 90 day visits

Claiming hong kong issuance and connection..

Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1cup View Post
    They're a bit more tricky, have to show proof that you do business in several SE Asian countries, biz bank accounts etc.....
    12 k mate.. Job done..

Seems legit

12 k mate.. Job done..

Seems legit

So why are the desperate's doing education visa?

The seems legit was dripping in sarcasm..

I guess they just don't know 'the guy' ??

Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1cup View Post
    - Find a Thai lawyer that can arrange a "letter-of-invitation" to work from a Thai "shell" or "non-shell" company

- Go to a Thai consulate outside Thailand (Savannaket, Laos seems to be a current favorite, Vientaine, Laos Thai Consulate seems to check more carefully)

- A couple of days later, the class B Thai business immigration visa is in your passport

Now, obtaining a class B Thai immigration visa, is issued on the basis, that you have a Thai company willing to sponsor you & you will obtain a Thai work permit associated with the sponsoring Thai company. The scam is that you do not take the employment legalities any further & have got yourself a 1 year visa.

Seems like a loophole that the Thai's have left wide open for now.
    Isn't Savannaket consulate under deep scrutiny following the "theft" of long-term visa stickers?

That was Malaysia not laos..

Cgh .....................

I know you've been busy LIL but you are not always right 555!

Thailand launches probe after visa stamps go missing

Tag: Thailand, Visa stamps, Savannakhet
    Last Updated: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 17:25

Bangkok: Thailand's Foreign Ministry has launched a probe after increasing numbers of visa stamps were reported missing at several of its consulates in Asia.

In the latest instance on Wednesday, 500 visa stamps were found missing from the consulate at Savannakhet in Laos.

A subsequent examination of visa stamps earmarked for this consulate back to 2008 revealed that a total of 500 stickers were missing, including the two detected by the Immigration Bureau.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Cgh .....................

I know you've been busy LIL but you are not always right 555!
    He is not always wrong either , in this case he is 50% correct !

Thailand launches probe after visa stamps go missing

Thailand's Foreign Ministry has launched a probe after increasing numbers of visa stamps were reported missing at several of its consulates in Asia.

The report of visa stickers missing from the consulate in Laos follows the admission last Wednesday that 300 stamps were missing from the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur, and many had been used to enter or leave Thailand.

Another 2,000 visa stamps were found to have disappeared from a mail pouch sent to the Thai embassy at The Hague in the Netherlands.
    Thailand launches probe after visa stamps go missing | Business Standard

300 Visa stamps go missing from Thai Embassy in Malaysia

The Thai Embassy in Malaysia has alerted immigration authorities in both countries after hundreds of visa stamps went missing, saying that they could be used for illegal purposes, Thai Foreign Ministry deputy spokesman Jakkrit Srivali said Thursday.
    The Malaysian police have been notified about the missing stamps and the embassy is seeking legal action against five local staff for their alleged involvement in the incident.
    Asia News | South East Asia News | AsiaOne

[QUOTE=faultytowers;25674]He is not always wrong either , in this case he is 50% correct !

Thailand launches probe after visa stamps go missing | Business Standard

Asia News | South East Asia News | AsiaOne[/QUOTE

1 out of three doesn't equal 50% FaultyMath 555! (KL, Savannaket, The Hague).

The Kl matter was widely reported previously - I, LIL and many others would be aware of it.

That's no reason for your mate's dismissive response to something that was obviously new news to him.

And the point of my post remains - be wary trying to run a scam through Savannaket with a dodgy B visa.

What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    He is not always wrong either , in this case he is 50% correct !

1 out of three doesn't equal 50% FaultyMath 555! (KL, Savannaket, The Hague).

What's your point?
    LiL's post mentioned 2 countries , he was wrong about 1 and correct about 1 = 50%

My only point was to show factual/accurate information .

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    LiL's post mentioned 2 countries , he was wrong about 1 and correct about 1 = 50%

My only point was to show factual/accurate information .

As was mine when I mentioned one city in context with the OP and I was 100% correct and factual with my information.