Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hull (UK Generally?) New Non-O Rules (Sept 2013)

K2

Hull (UK Generally?) New Non-O Rules (Sept 2013)

A mate gave me call to highlight changes in Hull ... and it would seem from what I have read through on TV - its UK and Australia generally that for both Marriage and Retirement multi-Non-O's you need to have either 800k THB seasoned in a CURRENT account for 3 month prior to applying or 65k THB/month income/pension.

SINGLE ENTRY “O” VISA:-
    1. Passport with minimum 6 months validity at time of entering Thailand.
    2. Visa Application Form fully completed and with two photographs attached.
    3. Copy of Thai marriage certificate (front and back).
    4. Copy of either spouse’s Thai passport or Thai ID card (front and back).
    showing their family name to be the same as that of visa applicant.
    5. Copy of Thai Bank Book or UK “Current Account” bank statements for last
    3 months showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum
    amount of THB800k.

MULTIPLE ENTRY “O” VISA (First visa of this type):-
    5. Copy of UK “Current Account” bank statements for last 3 months
    showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum amount of
    THB800k.

MULTIPLE ENTRY “O” VISA (All subsequent visas of this type):-
    3 months showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum amount of
    THB800k.[/B]
    Its My Life .....!

Yeah I caught this on ThaiVisa..

1) theres nothing that says a wife HAS to have her husbands second name.. Thats mad..

2) They are applying a retirement amount not the marriage amount..

They seem to have gone ready, fire, aim..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    1) theres nothing that says a wife HAS to have her husbands second name.. Thats mad..
    Not arguing, but why is this mad???
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    although i think it is foolsih that a Thai girl wouldn't take her husband western name, it only has benefits to it
    if they were accepting the visa w/o before they are now making all these people scramble to change their names....sort of a big chnage in life

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Because legally theres no obligation for a wife to take the husbands name.. Yet they have stated they will not issue a visa to man married to a Thai wife who doesnt do this..

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    so why is it a 3 month UK statement. Does only regular monthly income count?

What if you make the required amount, but in lump-sums throughout the year?
    If you can show the amount over the year, its usually accepted.. But they have the number amount wrong.. They have applied the 65k per month 800k per year, which is retirement money. not the 400k per year which is marriage money..

Hull seem to have fucked up big time in reading the rules.. Manchester etc are apparently not asking this and neither is the embassy in London (so posts on TV stated).

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    Yes, I noticed that the amount is 800k only in K2's post.

Good to hear tho that the amount stretched over the year is accepted, and not only as per 3 month bank statement.
    i always had this question............people seem to fret over 25kusd

can you just have a thai bank acocunt that has that balance in there continuously?

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i always had this question............people seem to fret over 25kusd

can you just have a thai bank acocunt that has that balance in there continuously?
    You can.. poor use of money but you can.. I have had a balance for a couple of years but this year I was looking at it drop down (had a spendy couple of months lately)..

It will give the cheap charlies that were doing their Non-O spousal immigration visa renewals outside Thailand soley for the reason of not having to show the income or bank account balance a headache for sure.
    #MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Because legally theres no obligation for a wife to take the husbands name.. Yet they have stated they will not issue a visa to man married to a Thai wife who doesnt do this..
    Okay, that's what I was thinking and didn't understand your comment, because I thought why make someone use another's name if they don't want to, or if they wanted to double barrel their name. Now it makes sense.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

K2
    A little clarification from someone who has spoken directly with Hull ....

I too am over 50 and will need a multi-entry "O" at some stage.

I managed to speak to Hull today and they confirmed that for the "Lump Sum" method, the 800,000 Baht DOES have to be in the current account for 3 months and they require statements with your name and address for each of the 3 months.

Likewise, if you choose to go the income route, you need to show an income of 65,000 Baht per month for each of the last 3 months. Once again, they require statements with your name and address for each of the 3 months.
    A note from personal experience on the Thai spouse name change issue ... back in 2005/06? Phuket forced K1 to change her name to mine which I did not want as having a farang surname could at that time cause potential problems with (investment) land ownership (beyond just simply owning the family home). The law did change but i dont have all the details to permit juristic Thai's with 'farang' surnames to be allowed to legally own land, so is no longer such an issue. I couldnt give 2 Baht on the name being changed/or not in itself ... personal choice.
    Its My Life .....!

On the contrary Sef, i DID read somewhere that the ID or passport from the Thai spouse had to have the husbands family name. I'll have a root around see if i can find it. Just did my 1 year non imm 'O' 3 months ago in Hull and requirements were just marriage cert and id card/passport. This has all been brought on by the hospital expenses bailing out farangs with no money and no insurance to cover hospital bills.....i guess

EDIT

Just had a quick look on Thai consulate Hull website and doesn't specify wife having to show husbands surname but the amount in bank for last 3 mths is 800k not 400k.....maybe the 400k still applies for extension in country only (Thai)

Just found this on Thai Visa......which does state the family name of Thai wife having to be the same as husbands but maybe Hull amended it after???

SINGLE ENTRY “O” VISA:-
    3 months showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum
    amount of THB800k.

MULTIPLE ENTRY “O” VISA (First visa of this type):-
    5. Copy of UK “Current Account” bank statements for last 3 months
    showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum amount of
    THB800k.

MULTIPLE ENTRY “O” VISA (All subsequent visas of this type):-
    3 months showing monthly
    Last edited by Masterwoodsman; 21st September 2013 at 00:42.

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterwoodsman View Post
    ....maybe the 400k still applies for extension in country only (Thai)
    From the copious spoutings on TV this is apparently the case Si ... although for how much longer? ... if they do ram the marriage money requirement up to 800k then pointless going the marriage route once over 50 years old as retirement route is much simpler and get the whole one year on the spot without having to wait a month (or more) for BKK to appove it,
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    From the copious spoutings on TV this is apparently the case Si ... although for how much longer? ... if they do ram the marriage money requirement up to 800k then pointless going the marriage route once over 50 years old as retirement route is much simpler and get the whole one year on the spot without having to wait a month (or more) for BKK to appove it,
    Yeah you're right Kev, they're really turning the screw now and i feel that if the in country extension changes it's lump sum showing to 800k same as retirement, there could be a lot of folk limited for Visa options!!

Yeah its still 400..

New one tho.. They demanded the bank book had a transaction in the last 7 days.. Despite having a dated statement and the letter stating balance being only the previous day..

They always think of something!
    Last time for me it was a copy of my debit card to show I could draw on the money 555!

You can't get a work permit with the retirement extension - you can with the marriage extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Last time for me it was a copy of my debit card to show I could draw on the money 555!
    I was in Canada immigration one night around 2am the night they denied my WP, but was my firm's fault(and got an all paid 5month stay in NYC, not bad!)
    Anyways, there was a 30yr old guy next to me getting grilled by this miserable female agent about visiting for the long weekend to see his gf
    She asked him how much money he had on him and he said 100cad, but then had his ATM
    She asked how much he had in the bank and he was taken back and said 30k.
    She then asked "so you can go and get 30k out of your ATM"
    He replied "No, can you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    I think she had missed the date on the letter giving the balance and asked for it.. I pointed out the date but by then she wouldn't backtrack.

She also did some other very strange stuff.. I know you need to have the visa and all sequential extensions copied, to show the visa stays open.. makes sense.. but she demanded I photocopy every page physically in between them, pages consisting of just Laos and cambo visas and entry stamps.. that made no sense, but I know better than to argue.

I think even at 800k or 65k per month income, it makes sense, if anything isn't high

Thailand is not that cheap a place anymore. If you cant meet that criteria then how can you afford to live here? Isn't that the point of the criteria to discourage the undesirables?
    Masterwoodsman and LivinLOS like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast