Thread: 1 year O-visa

1 year O-visa

I got my 1 year non imm O visa (marriage) in Penang (Malaysia)a few weeks ago. I had the right money in the bank, so no questions what so ever. They even gave it to an American friend of mine with no bank statement. I've heard it's a new female head of immigration down there and she might have made it a bit more easy.

K2
    That could be good to hear ... you not doing the annual extensions (based on marriage) though?
    Its My Life .....!

I still have to leave the country every 3 months, but that's easy for me where I live. Ranong immigration is not very helpful (to say it in a nice way), so I think I'm better off doing a Penang trip once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    That could be good to hear ... you not doing the annual extensions (based on marriage) though?
    That "extension" would have to be done inside Thailand (from the visa issued outside of Thailand) - cross the I's and dot the T's and report every 90 days.

However - there are some expats who prefer to have an excuse to leave every 90 days ...
    Last edited by Evilbaz; 21st April 2013 at 17:39.

Anyone looking for a retirement visa i can arrange this for 15000 baht no proof of money required pm me your requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Footymadstreams View Post
    Anyone looking for a retirement visa i can arrange this for 15000 baht no proof of money required pm me your requirements
    Guess you still have to be 50+, right??

50 plus yes

if you are looking for anything else pm me your requirements

Does anyone have any info on the period of time before an O Visa Extension expires it can be renewed?

The reason is Larry Cunningham, the OZ Honorary Consul for Phuket is retiring on September 30th and I need paperwork certified by a Consul to renew in December (hoping this doesn't mean a trip for 2 to BKK).

EDIT: Googen is my friend

If using monthly income the Consul's certification must be less than six months old.
    The Bank letter (if a balance is required) must be less than seven days old
    and unlike the 800,000 baht deposit method there is no "seasoning" period required.

You can apply 30 days before it expires..

I thought the bank letter could be 14 days old ?? Never done anything with income statements only banked cash.

The bank letter - less than 7 days old.
    With the bankbook activity statement (photocopies) for the last 60 days (initial) and 90 days (renewal).

A very useful link here -

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com...endingStay.pdf
    Last edited by Evilbaz; 4th September 2013 at 11:48.

I heard a rumor that they were, who knows when, not going to allow a work permit if you had marriage visa. Although this would be a pain in the ass for me, it would require that I leave the country every 90 days as I did before when I had business visa, I could handle that. Has anyone else heard this?

Nope and would contradict many firm rules in place such as 50% less income needed for a married guy than a single guy (whoever decided that ain't married)..

Of course a retirement visa is employment prohibited... Could that have been miss understood by the source who told you ?

No. No misunderstanding. Apparently the source was a farang immigration volunteer. I mean wtf, tit. So you never know. In essence, what it would do is discourage farangs with a work permit from marrying Thais. I would put nothing past them, but it does sound far fetched. That's why I asked if anyone else had heard anything about it.