Thread: Houston consulate no longer accepting Fedex applications

Houston consulate no longer accepting Fedex applications

Seems the ministry of foreign affairs has nixed this either temporarily or .... Man, have to go back to home country for a B visa then have to fly to another city to get the visa! They sure aren't making it any easier and the cost to travel, stay in Houston and wait for the visa, it sure is starting to get expensive!

You dont always have to go home.. Just outside the usual orbit of SEA local ones..

Bali used to give one years.. As did Sri Lanka which is a cheap easy flight.

No idea currently or what paperwork they demand for one years.. So of course check.. But if its only for the visa USA is a long way.

Yes, but it is still surprising that it has to be in person in such a large country with limited consulates. I head back to USA at Xmas usually, but in addition the consulate will be closed from December 23 to January 6 for the holidays so the timing is tricky too! Closed for 2 weeks, not even lightly staffed, etc. I guess I will have to consider other options as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    You dont always have to go home.. Just outside the usual orbit of SEA local ones..

Bali used to give one years.. As did Sri Lanka which is a cheap easy flight.

No idea currently or what paperwork they demand for one years.. So of course check.. But if its only for the visa USA is a long way.

PTG
    What about Portland? That's where I get mine.