Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nelsonone
  • 1 Post By Waharoa

Thread: Vancouver-sometimes i realize why i live here

Vancouver-sometimes i realize why i live here

Quarry Rock, Deep Cove

did this hike today. somewhat easy with a half decent workout. About 50mins-1hr. great thing is it is off leash to the pup gets to go hog wild

sometimes things in Vancouver frustrate me(too liberal, expensive and service sucks) but when you can work until 1pm, and get to this place 20mins from downtown, do a great hike and sit and have a drink in Deep Cove and be home by 4pm, it makes me realize it is pretty frigging awesome here

PS- not my pics, stupid loaner phone can't take pictures

1) Deep Cover
    2 & 3) Quarry Rock at end of hike
    Attached Images Attached Images

sure looks like lovely country for a hike....I haven't been to Vancouver for about 20 years but I do remember it and the island to be beautiful places...reminds me a little of Wellington NZ where i lived for sometime

Truly does look like a beautiful place to live and bring up a family, stunning views, enjoy your hike i know i would with those views. cheers for sharing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    Truly does look like a beautiful place to live and bring up a family, stunning views, enjoy your hike i know i would with those views. cheers for sharing with us.
    I was absolutely floored when I did a run through pacific northwest, canada and to alaska in summer.. Was mind blowingly beautiful..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I was absolutely floored when I did a run through pacific northwest, canada and to alaska in summer.. Was mind blowingly beautiful..
    It is stunning... very similar in feel to the Marlborough Sounds area in NZ. Lovely little beaches along the Canadian coastline too... especially on sunny, calm days... this bay is only about 30 mins from Vancouver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great pictures. Didn't make it further than Portland on the US pacific coast, and never been to Alaska. Probably similar to up north in Norway, but vastly more wild and way greater distances.

Still would like to do some more travelling up there, but maybe South America first.
    Last edited by sundancekid; 7th July 2013 at 00:42.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    sure looks like lovely country for a hike....I haven't been to Vancouver for about 20 years but I do remember it and the island to be beautiful places...reminds me a little of Wellington NZ where i lived for sometime
    Hello Nels looks you been all over the World ever been to sweden? Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by krukke View Post
    Hello Nels looks you been all over the World ever been to sweden? Let us know.
    yes Krukke...but really only Stockholm for a furniture and textiles exhibition...3 days spent mostly inside the exhibition hall (Stockholmsmassan?)....but we did get out on the harbour on a steamer one of the afternoons and it was magnificent...it really is a picture postcard city

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    It is stunning... very similar in feel to the Marlborough Sounds area in NZ. Lovely little beaches along the Canadian coastline too... especially on sunny, calm days... this bay is only about 30 mins from Vancouver.
    once again...Wellington Harbour...could easily have been taken from one of the small bays around Eastbourne way

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    once again...Wellington Harbour...could easily have been taken from one of the small bays around Eastbourne way
    I really liked Wellington. I lived there for about 3 or 4 months in 1989. If it wasn't for that wind... it would be perfect...

I really liked Wellington. I lived there for about 3 or 4 months in 1989. If it wasn't for that wind... it would be perfect...
    "Ya can't beat Wellington on a good day"...don't know how many times I heard that local mantra (on a good day) whilst living there...of course I always nodded in agreement whilst gritting my teeth...it really is a stunning city....as is vancouver...but I have never been big on self congratulatory platitudes
    Waharoa likes this.

Just a shame the sea temp is so cold on that side. Spent a summer in Seattle 20 years ago, mid summer, had a week of 90+ degrees, more or less lived in my cousins swimming pool. One day we went down to the beach...... Hundreds of people on the beach, a few that waded, one swimmer, me..... Bloody cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite911 View Post
    Just a shame the sea temp is so cold on that side. Spent a summer in Seattle 20 years ago, mid summer, had a week of 90+ degrees, more or less lived in my cousins swimming pool. One day we went down to the beach...... Hundreds of people on the beach, a few that waded, one swimmer, me..... Bloody cold.
    I know the feeling.... 30 degrees on the beach in Cornwall. Made the mistake of diving into the sea... I couldn't breathe...

A beach needs a sea you can swim in pain-free... 555
    soupdragon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite911 View Post
    haha
    i was just at the beach for 9 hours on a perfect day
    and i didn't touch the water 555

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    haha
    i was just at the beach for 9 hours on a perfect day
    and i didn't touch the water 555
    The Pacific is swimmable starting around Santa Barbara...

I know the feeling.... 30 degrees on the beach in Cornwall. Made the mistake of diving into the sea... I couldn't breathe...

A beach needs a sea you can swim in pain-free... 555
    5555 I have surfed at Sennen Cove a few times, never without a wetsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    The Pacific is swimmable starting around Santa Barbara...
    Man, that's spot on! Literally...

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    5555 I have surfed at Sennen Cove a few times, never without a wetsuit.
    it's a good hangover cure without one!