Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tnlawyer
  • 1 Post By snowy

Thread: First trip to the USA, where to go?

First trip to the USA, where to go?

Where would be the best place to visit on a first trip to the US?

Iíve never been but been thinking of planning a trip for next year. The obvious places, NY, SF and Vegas are in my thoughts but where would you recommend?

All those museums in Washington DC
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Nashville...great music scene, world famous hot chicken, lots of bourbon produced in the area.

Personally, I don't understand the attraction of soulless mammoth cities like NY or SF or LA. I'd much rather visit places like New Orleans (and the Gulf Coast in general), Memphis, Nashville, Charleston, Austin, etc.

Enjoy your trip. A very diverse country with tons to see and do.
    Last edited by tnlawyer; 12th September 2019 at 05:37.
    Waharoa and Dkdude like this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

First trip, I'd go with something like. LA- Disney Land/ Universal Studios etc-- San Diego-- L.V. Maybe drive up the coast to S.F-- head into Napa / Yosemite / Sacramento , maybe a trip into Lake Tahoe.

Depending on time limits, there is heaps to do and see in Cali and the weather is generally pretty good, as others have said south is great as well, but I think west coast for a first trip.
    billpay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stupscott View Post
    Where would be the best place to visit on a first trip to the US?

I’ve never been but been thinking of planning a trip for next year. The obvious places, NY, SF and Vegas are in my thoughts but where would you recommend?
    How much time do you plan on spending and what time of the year?

If you have some time you should break it up between big cities and medium cities

I would suggest Chicago as one of the big cities
    And then do a Southern loop of Charleston SC and Savannah Georgia

If in the summer and you want to see a cool, laid back beach scene I would suggest the Gulf Coast of Florida
    Sansibel Island and around that area

So give us more info and we'd all gladly give some recommendations
    Proof of a Scumbag

I'm sorry, but do you have me confused with one of paulie's siblings?

my truthful opinions on LGBT matters. Sorry about your son

I was initially looking at NY for 4/5 days around April but I can go for up to 14 days at anytime of the year.

NY was on the list as there was a discussion about NY and Boston, itís possible for me to get cheap flights to NY but as a mate found out itís worth planning the whole trip before booking. He and his wife booked flights to Boston but then realised the hotel costs are extortionate and are now looking into internal flights elsewhere.

Iíll more than likely travelling solo and I donít mind the cold or the heat, or even driving around.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    All those museums in Washington DC
    Excuse my ignorance but are they historical/war museums? I quite enjoy an art gallery but museums are a bit meh for me.

Excuse my ignorance but are they historical/war museums? I quite enjoy an art gallery but museums are a bit meh for me.

https://freetoursbyfoot.com/national-mall-dc/#2

Here are some info.

I can recommend visit Washington. The Mall and Chinatown was great.

Just the whole set up in Washington is fascinating I think... even if you don't enter any of the museums... just walk around the national Mall... see Captain's link... Air & Space worth a look.

But no point if you just aren't into that stuff...

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.